Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
rybast

I Can't Open the Website

Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:22 pm

Why now I can't open the opensubtitles.org website even I already enter the captcha? It says it will redirect but it doesn't redirect, just hanging on the captcha website. Please tell me the solution.

scooby007
Site Admin

Re: I Can't Open the Website

Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:50 pm

Captcha normally happens for banned IP addresses or IP's under review.

Checkout the following topic: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=17368&p=44848#p44848
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies who collect your data. Click below image for more details and reduce your online digital footprint.

rybast

Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:32 am

Yes I am using VPN because now the opensubtitles.org website is blocked in my country. How do I change the IP address of the VPN?

SmallBrother
Site Admin

Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:34 am

Yes I am using VPN because now the opensubtitles.org website is blocked in my country. How do I change the IP address of the VPN?
As simple as changing server location.
But depends on which VPN you are using.
Better ask your VPN provider if unknown.
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies.
I advise AirVPN - from € 2,75 per month. Click the below banner for more info.

rybast

Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:18 pm

I use a free VPN called SetupVPN and my browser is Google Chrome. I already change server location in every countries but it still doesn't work. What should I do?

scooby007
Site Admin

Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:32 pm

Have you tried a different browser?
Try that with a different server location.
Delete your cookies and refresh the page and see if that let's you get past the captcha page.

As that VPN is a free version, it may not actually be changing your location. I'm sure free versions have limited features.

Try the above, and if that still doesn't work, use the "contact us" feature from the main website. They may go through some technical fixes that may be required and they may ask for you IP address to check if it's been banned.
Free VPN's are usually used heavily for spamming purposes and that may be the issue with you.
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies who collect your data. Click below image for more details and reduce your online digital footprint.

SmallBrother
Site Admin

Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:53 pm

In addition to what Scooby007 says to solve your problem, some general remark:

Running a VPN service is expensive. If this VPN service is free, you should ask yourself how this service can be free... The answer is simple and similar to anything related to Google and Facebook: you are not a customer, you are a product. You can, may and will be sold. For SetupVPN specifically, be advised that they are based in USA, which is a pretty bad choice considering privacy and data abuse.

I suppose you are using a VPN service for a reason.

If your ONLY concern is to be able to fake a different location or change IP address and you care completely NOTHING about your privacy, governmental and corporate mass surveillance and mass manipulation, then go ahead and use SetupVPN (or any other 'free' VPN service).

If you are using a VPN for more reasons, I strongly advice to drop SetupVPN forever and get yourself a serious paid VPN-service. On top of that, it MAY solve your problem about accessing opensubtitles as well. Nowadays a reputable VPN service cost per month less than a beer in a pub.
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies.

SmallBrother
Site Admin

Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:44 am

Nowadays a reputable VPN service cost per month less than a beer in a pub.
I just saw that AirVPN has a Christmas deal: the price of a small beer per month :)

Return to “General talk”