Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
savelforum

Unable to login when using VPN

Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:03 pm

Hi!

I'm able to get subtitles when I login without VPN connected for Night of the Dead movie.

But when I connect to VPN (VPNUnlimited) and then try to download the subtitles, I get username/password is empty or not valid error. I've been successfully using subtitles for a long time until this occurred about a week ago.

I've reinstalled Kodi (18.9) and the latest Xanax build. I have version 5.0.16 for Opensubtitles addon. I have also tried with 5.2.14.

Thank you for your help!

scooby007
Site Admin

Re: Unable to login when using VPN

Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:11 am

Hi,

If it works without VPN and doesn't work with same setup as before with VPN on, then that means that IP address is either banned or failed a Cloudflare check by the website.

Solution:

1: Change your VPN address, delete cookies, refresh page and see if that resolves the issue.
2: If step 1 isn't possible, contact oss via PM with your IP address and see if he can unblock it.
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies who collect your data. Click below image for more details and reduce your online digital footprint.

savelforum

Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:37 am

Thank you, Scooby007. I changed the IP address of the VPN and it works.

Dannni

Mon Nov 20, 2023 5:44 pm

It was with a different streaming service, but the problem was essentially the same: I couldn't log in or access certain features whenever my VPN was active. This was particularly frustrating because I was using the VPN for privacy and security, but it interfered with my regular online activities.

That's when I decided to switch to using a proxy service. I chose [name and link removed by SmallBrother] based on recommendations and price points - they offer anonymous proxies at around $1.4 each. So I just set the proxy address in my browser, and I can access all streaming services I want because I use a clean address that is not restricted, as most VPN locations.

Return to “General talk”