Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
koberulz

Re: Why can't I download subtitles anymore?

Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:38 pm

And now every page on the site is just completely blank...

scooby007
Site Admin

Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:43 pm

Site is down for everyone, not just specific users. It's known about and should be fixed soon.
In the mean time, please use the other newer site until fixed: https://www.opensubtitles.com/en
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies who collect your data. Click below image for more details and reduce your online digital footprint.

koberulz

Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:39 am

Okay, I just got a Captcha when I went to download a subtitle and now the download button is just refreshing the page again.

I'm pretty sure it's occurred after a Captcha every previous time, too.

scooby007
Site Admin

Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:21 pm

Captcha is usually IP address related. Delete your opensubtitle cookies/cache and if using a VPN, change address and then try again. That should work. As long as the other IP isn’t a spamming address.

If it still happens, click on the .srt file name for a direct download.
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies who collect your data. Click below image for more details and reduce your online digital footprint.

Funchalense
Site Admin

Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:30 pm

I don't have this issue on Windows 10, desktop PC (with or without VPN).
Only on my Android tablet (Android 10), when using Opera browser (Chromium based).
Browsing from Netherlands, no VPN used on tablet.

... and you will immediately be redirected to watchmovies4k
Have you try delete your browser cookies/cache ?
The same thing was happening to me, and after I cleaned brownsing data and cookies.
Stopped redirecting me to that 4k site.
I tried now Android device (Android 10) using opera or Chrome.
And it's ok.

Steps to reproduce the condition:
- https://www.opensubtitles.org/nl/search ... rt-7/asc-0
- click on for instance the link indicated by the red arrow...

... and you will immediately be redirected to watchmovies4k
I don't get that. I get the normal subtitle page as it should be.
Please follow above steps deleting (cookies/cache) and confirm if still an issue.
Last edited by scooby007 on Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

oss
Site Admin

Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:25 pm

thanks, this is super strange! did you try different browser on android ? or opera in incognito mode ? I am thinking if you dont have something cached there...

Mazrim Taim

Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:33 pm

This seems to be a very strange and persistent problem.

Previously I had already deleted things like cookies, temp files and browser history.
Basically everything except bookmarks and stored passwords.

It didn't make any difference. This morning though, the problem seemed to be gone.
But this afternoon it was back again. And just to be on the safe side I cleaned browser data again.
And guess what? A straight redirection to watchmovies4k. Every time I click on a subtitle link.

@oss:
I tried in private mode. Problem gone.
However, if I try in normal mode AND use the built in VPN, I am forced to use CAPTCHA and login. After that, no problem.

But ... as soon as I sign out and disable VPN, the redirect is back. Image
And I also get the redirect if use the built-in browser (Samsung Internet) which I never use. So no chance of a cache issue there.
The only difference is that in Opera the redirect is nearly immediate, but with the Samsung browser it takes 5 to 10 seconds before redirecting.

Super strange indeed. I'm thinking something IP-related when not logged in.
If I use Opera, no VPN, and I sign in first ... no problem.
Do the same, but signed out, the redirect is back.

Hopefully all this testing can help you pinpoint the problem. Image

oss
Site Admin

Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:58 pm

Hi

i removed some javascript (it was located JUST on subtitle details page), let me know if this helps. otherwise I dont have any idea what it can cause :((( for sure it is some (cached?) javascript.

Mazrim Taim

Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:12 pm

Hi

i removed some javascript (it was located JUST on subtitle details page), let me know if this helps. otherwise I dont have any idea what it can cause :((( for sure it is some (cached?) javascript.
I just tested again. The problem is gone. You have my thanks. :)

koberulz

Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:30 am

Just got a CAPTCHA when trying to download, and now trying to download just refreshes the page again.

Funchalense
Site Admin

Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:20 pm

Just got a CAPTCHA when trying to download, and now trying to download just refreshes the page again.
Have you tried to do what Scooby007 said :
Captcha is usually IP address related. Delete your opensubtitle cookies/cache and if using a VPN, change address and then try again. That should work. As long as the other IP isn’t a spamming address.

If it still happens, click on the .srt file name for a direct download.

If you tried that and it still doesn't work, contact oss via PM with your IP address and see if he can unblock it.

koberulz

Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:25 pm

I have no idea how to delete my cookies/cache just for OS, rather than for everything.

oss
Site Admin

Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:47 pm

Hi, the best would be for you to try private or incognito mode. File -> New Private Window (check your browser). Or try different browser.

koberulz

Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:32 am

Well yeah, a different browser works and that's what I've been doing to work around it, but it's a pain to have to do.

oss
Site Admin

Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:46 am

yeah, so it is not a problem at our site, but your browser setting (usually adblocker). You can complain to adblock.

Return to “General talk”