Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
Hercules40

Why can't I download subtitles anymore?

Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:58 pm

I used to be able to go to the page of the particular show I wanted and then click something like "1797x" or similar and start the download of a ZIP file that included the subtitles I wanted.

Why can't I do that?

Every time I click that kind of link, nothing happens and the page refreshes.

All ad-blockers are turned off.

I am behind a VPN.

Am I doing something wrong?

Is there a new method for downloading subs?

scooby007
Site Admin

Re: Why can't I download subtitles anymore?

Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:21 pm

Don't use VPN servers in Denmark.
If that still doesn't work, click on the .srt filename instead. That will download the .srt file without the zip folder.
Following topic will show you how with a picture: viewtopic.php?t=16695#p41159

In the unlikely case that doesn't work, try it with a different browser.
All seems to be working okay for me on FF and on Edge browsers.
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies who collect your data. Click below image for more details and reduce your online digital footprint.

Hercules40

Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:59 pm

Weird.

I used a different browser and it worked.

Something going on with Chrome and website?

oss
Site Admin

Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:13 am

hi, in chrome you have probbly some adblocker, which is blocking javascript files, which are needed for our website.

Try chrome in incognito mode.

koberulz

Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:25 pm

I keep having this issue as well, albeit intermittently and it also affects clicking on the direct SRT link as well as the big Download button. Generally lasts a day or two once it starts, and then magically goes away again.

oss
Site Admin

Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:52 pm

this is very strange. It doesnt work at all, or something show up (some ad, some action is made) ?

did you tried:
- different browser, browser in incognito mode
- using another IP
- it happens only on computer, or mobile...?

I would like to know all information, can you check if all files was loaded (developer mode in browser)

thx

larrys01

Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:47 pm

When I click on the link for the subtitle I want from the list of subtitles, it switches to a page with an option to play the movie (if I subscribe) and no link for downloading. What happened, and how can I download subtitles again as I always had been able to before? This used to be my absolute go to site for subtitles, but if I can't download anymore, it's useless to me.

oss
Site Admin

Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:54 pm

Hi,

can you make please video and send to us ? Also which country you are browsing, which os and browser you are using ?

The site is working normally for us, we need to find out what is happening

scooby007
Site Admin

Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:02 pm

Boss, from my house it works perfectly. Same platform and browser from my sister’s house and I was redirected to that 4k movies site several days ago.

I can’t really figure out why it happens there, but not in my house. It’s really weird, but it’s obviously affecting a lot of other users, too.

Needs to be figured out.
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies who collect your data. Click below image for more details and reduce your online digital footprint.

oss
Site Admin

Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:11 pm

thanks for info, it is strange! can you make video how you was redirected ? Did you click anywhere and you was redirected ? Or it was popunder...? I need to know step by step procedure - start on this url, click on this...so I can try also...

But I receive also youtube video how one can not download Finnish subtitles, some works, some doesnt work, that is quite strange! (no redirection to 4k)

scooby007
Site Admin

Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:18 pm

I won’t be going back to my sister’s for awhile, so I think it’ll be better and faster if some users make the video. I can’t replicate the problem from my home.

It happened on a normal subtitle detail page just by clicking on a subtitle. I’ll try switching off some security features, etc, and see if that helps to recreate the problem.

Users that are affected by this issue, please create a video and send to oss so we can fix the issue for you. As we can’t replicate the issue, don’t know where to start to fix it for some of you that are affected.

Thanks.

oss
Site Admin

Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:41 pm

and also if possible make it with DEVELOPER TOOLS On, specially if some Javascript is not loaded (some page returning 404 if they are blocked by extensions...), that gives me more debug info

koberulz

Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:26 pm

this is very strange. It doesnt work at all, or something show up (some ad, some action is made) ?

did you tried:
- different browser, browser in incognito mode
- using another IP
- it happens only on computer, or mobile...?

I would like to know all information, can you check if all files was loaded (developer mode in browser)

thx
It simply refreshes the page. Chrome incognito worked so I was able to do that temporarily. Then it randomly started working again.

It's happened a few times.

oss
Site Admin

Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:54 pm

I believe some new adblock or something is blocking our scripts...if I dont have more information, I can not reproduce the problem, I can not fix the problem.

Mazrim Taim

Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:08 pm

When I click on the link for the subtitle I want from the list of subtitles, it switches to a page with an option to play the movie (if I subscribe) and no link for downloading. What happened, and how can I download subtitles again as I always had been able to before? This used to be my absolute go to site for subtitles, but if I can't download anymore, it's useless to me.
Hi,
can you make please video and send to us ? Also which country you are browsing, which os and browser you are using ?
The site is working normally for us, we need to find out what is happening
Boss, from my house it works perfectly. Same platform and browser from my sister’s house and I was redirected to that 4k movies site several days ago.

I can’t really figure out why it happens there but not in my house. It’s really weird, but it’s obviously affecting a lot of other users, too.

Needs to be figured out.
Agreed, needs to be resolved.

A screen recording was requested? Here you are...

https://imgur.com/eDJjT7P

downloadlink to that video: https://we.tl/t-pJEiQ5u98j

I don't have this issue on Windows 10, desktop PC (with or without VPN).
Only on my Android tablet (Android 10), when using Opera browser (Chromium based).
Browsing from Netherlands, no VPN used on tablet.

Steps to reproduce the condition:
- https://www.opensubtitles.org/nl/search ... rt-7/asc-0
- click on for instance the link indicated by the red arrow...

... and you will immediately be redirected to watchmovies4k
Last edited by Mazrim Taim on Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General talk”