Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
suadnovic

Lyrics in subtitle, yes or not.

Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:41 am

Some translators think that music should not be placed in the subtitle. On the contrary, I think it should, because the music is part of the movie, and the lyrics can't always be found. Rarely is the whole song, but only a part of it, probably the director wants to emphasize the plot of the movie, therefore, it should be considered an integral part of the movie. Please see also forum.opensubtitles.org/viewtopic.php?p=44717&sid=b284adbeb987e5833d389aaac16819b1#p44717
I am disappointed that no one helped me.
It's just a few minutes of work for you.

Funchalense
Site Admin

Re: Lyrics in subtitle, yes or not.

Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:20 pm

Some translators think that music should not be placed in the subtitle. On the contrary, I think it should, because the music is part of the movie, and the lyrics can't always be found. Rarely is the whole song, but only a part of it, probably the director wants to emphasize the plot of the movie, therefore, it should be considered an integral part of the movie. Please see also forum.opensubtitles.org/viewtopic.php?p=44717&sid=b284adbeb987e5833d389aaac16819b1#p44717
I am disappointed that no one helped me.
It's just a few minutes of work for you.

How do you know it's take only a few minutes?
It is not always easy to find lyrics for these songs.
If nobody yet helped you, it’s because they also don’t know.
I've searched but i can't find lyrics for that music.
Hope someone can help you..

suadnovic

Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:39 pm

How do you know it's take only a few minutes?
It is not always easy to find lyrics for these songs.
If nobody yet helped you, it’s because they also don’t know.
I've searched but i can't find lyrics for that music.
Hope someone can help you..
I didn't mean to search, I can do it alone and find if exist... people whose native luangvage is English can write a text in few minutes when it does not exist.

Funchalense
Site Admin

Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:30 pm

Don't you think if it was just like you say, the lyrics were already translated?
Since it's a matter of a "few minutes".
If it were so, you would find that on any music lyrics site.

Return to “General talk”