Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
SonKun02

main page update for two animes

Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:55 pm

Hello.

Would it be possible to update the main pages of "Naruto Shippuden" and "Wan Pisu" aka "One Piece" to display each episode individually please.

I tried an "IMDB update" but I have the following error appearing: we got problem retrieving data from imdb.com - contact admin with this URL

Probably because of the too many episodes.

Thank you in advance.

SmallBrother
Site Admin

Re: main page update for two animes

Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:11 pm

I think the problem is that IMDb has no season numbering, only years: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0988824/ep ... ?year=2017
If possible at all, I guess only the super-admin can kick it a bit.

@oss:
This is the URL: https://www.opensubtitles.org/en/ssearc ... ovie-28387
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies.
I advise AirVPN - from € 2,75 per month. Click the below banner for more info.

SonKun02

Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:00 pm

SmallBrother thank for your answer. You're right, for One Piece it's sorted by year on imdb too

I also put the url for One Piece : https://www.opensubtitles.org/en/ssearc ... ovie-22054

oss
Site Admin

Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:32 am

Naruto is mess... :(

SonKun02

Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:24 pm

Sorry to get back to you on the subject.

I suspect it's not your priority, but do you think that one day it would be possible that "Naruto Shippuden" and "Wan Pisu" (aka "One Piece") could be well organized by episode and not in "unclassified episodes" please?

Especially for the One Piece where it is very difficult to find the subtitles.

If you manage to display the episodes, I could reclassify each subtitle, French in any case.

Thanks in advance.

SmallBrother
Site Admin

Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:16 pm

Thanks for your offer, but... This is what I have tried:

- I took https://www.opensubtitles.org/en/subtit ... an-pisu-fr
- This is episode 943 (whether season 1 or season 20).
- So it should/could be categorized under IMDb ID 13136042 (see https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13136042/ ).

But if I change it to that IMDb ID, the individual subtitle page does not have any title and also this subtitle completely disapperas from the episode overview list. So that would be worse. So I changed the ID back to the generic tv show ID.

The problem is that the OpenSubtitles system gets info like title, episode etc. (needed for the database processing) from IMDb. I am afraid that as long as IMDb doesn't 'fix' the irregularity on their side, it cannot be fixed on OpenSubtitles neither.

It makes me feel like a government politician, but "ask IMDb"...
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies.
I advise AirVPN - from € 2,75 per month. Click the below banner for more info.

SonKun02

Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:40 pm

Thank you for your response SmallBrother.

I have contacted IMDB but they don't want to change the One Piece page by arranging it by season rather than by year. Same for Naruto Shippuden.

In the future I will upload the subtitles of One Piece by putting directly the IMDB ID of the episode rather than the series, this will at least allow to find the subtitles with Plex.

scooby007
Site Admin

Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:56 pm

To add my two cents...
Does TMDB have them categorized in a better way than IMDb?
If so, then hold fire with your offer of help.
Once opensubtitles.com (new site) becomes fully functional, I believe TMDB may be used as well and not just IMDb ID's. So hopefully that'll help at a later time.
If it does become easier to fix, then please also fix the English section. :wink:

PS:
You made two reports to change the IMDb ID to the subs, after changing them, they disappeared as SB said. So I declined them and left them as they were. Better that they are there than not.
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies who collect your data. Click below image for more details and reduce your online digital footprint.

SonKun02

Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:35 pm

On TMDB it's sorted by season, which should perhaps make the page clearer.

On the podnapisi site One Piece is well ordered by season but I don't know if they use TMBD or another site.

So, I've already started to correct the IMDB ID of the subtitles I uploaded, about 80 >_< And it's veryyyyyyy long. I stop for now because they have indeed all disappeared :'(

Return to “General talk”