Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
suadnovic

The Ten Commandments (1956)

Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:42 am

I have The Ten Commandments (1956) [1080p] version of the movie I'd like to remind of, and it's not the version I've watched before. I remember some details, there are no scenes of the youth race of Moses and Ramses in two-wheelers, the advance of the 10th plague through the city is different, the scene of the separation of the Red Sea was shot in close-up, as well as the whole film, and it was in much brighter colors. it seems to me that Moses' beard turned white immediately after the first conversation with God. Does anyone know which version it was?

pooond

Re: The Ten Commandments (1956)

Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:08 pm

Are you sure it was the Charlton Heston version and not the newer mini-series?
Might have been the Theatrical or Directors Cut version(s)?

suadnovic

Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:23 pm

Yes, I am.
And I vividly remember the fiery engraving of every commandment on a stone slab.

mrtinkles
Subtitles Admin

Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:49 pm

Checked out my 1956 two disc DVD set for references to the scenes you described. Moses' (Charlton Heston) beard does turn partially white after his first encounter with God at the close of disk 1. Later on in the film (disk 2 @ 1:15), an older Moses (now all white) receives the tablets, on which God does engrave the commandments on the tablets with fire. The tenth plague of the firstborn, is as I remember from past theatrical releases and televised showings. The parting of the Red Sea appears to have been green screened which might attribute some of the shots to looking like closeups, (of which some scenes actually are).
Nothing found for "two wheeler" races in The Ten Commandments, but just out of curiosity I checked my 1959 Ben-Hur DVD to see if there were any chariot races between Judah Ben-Hur and "Messala" as youths. Couldn't find the scene you described, possibly it exists in the 1925 release or later remake.

pooond

Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:53 pm

There is a chariot race of sorts in Ben-Hur.
Ben-Hur The Chariot Race (1959) HD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frE9rXnaHpE
Is it possible you may have etched both movies in your mind as one, maybe?

anheddafxy

Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:21 am

There is a chariot race of sorts in Ben-Hur.
Ben-Hur The Chariot Race (1959) HD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frE9rXnaHpE
Is it possible you may have etched both movies in your mind as one, maybe?
Later on in the film (disk 2 @ 1:15), an older Moses (now all white) receives the tablets, on which God does engrave the commandments on the tablets with fire. The tenth plague of the firstborn, is as I remember from past theatrical releases and televised showings.

swayer

Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:09 pm

I have watched this movie more than 100 times. I wonder the word nephew was never used in the whole movie by the pharaoh. The dialogue framing was remarkable. Children must be shown this movie to learn how to play in English grammar.

Return to “General talk”