Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
Terryofcrete

English dialogue in the first and second series of Das Boot. I am deaf...

Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:00 pm

Hi
I am desperately keen to watch this series but I gave up because I couldn’t follow the plot due to there being no subtitles when the dialogue turns to English , which quite a lot of the time actually. The German dialogue has embedded english subs and is fine. any advice would be really appreciated . thanks . I am very hard of hearing .

SmallBrother
Site Admin

Re: English dialogue in the first and second series of Das Boot. I am deaf...

Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:40 am

The effect you describe is typical for movies with multiple languages. You would need subtitles specifically for hearing impaired people, where everything is subtitled, regardless the language spoken (and also sounds being described, like "dog barking" etc.). These kind of subtitles should be marked with the "HI" flag. Then you can recognize them:

And you can also search specifically for it, using the advanced search form:

In the case of Das Boot, I am afraid there is no advice to be given.
Hearing Impaired subs for episodes of Das Boot are simply not available.
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies.
I advise AirVPN - from € 2,75 per month. Click the below banner for more info.

Return to “General talk”