Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
lucaripa73

Help! Not able to download with mozilla

Wed May 27, 2020 9:30 pm

Hello everybody... I cannot download any subtitle file... I keep on getting this advice": "

The page isn't redirecting properly

An error occurred during a connection to www.opensubtitles.org.

This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies.

What should I do?

SmallBrother
Site Admin

Re: Help! Not able to download with mozilla

Thu May 28, 2020 9:13 am

I have no problem downloading with Firefox, so no idea what would be the case for you.

Sometimes there is just a temporary problem with the site. Then the solution is just wait and try again a bit later.

Next, I would try what the error message says. Check if you have cookies enabled. If not, enable them.

If that doesn't solve it, I can only think of FUM's, Frequently Used Methods:
- Clear all cookies and history and restart browser.
- If you use an adblocker, try disabling it.
- If you use a VPN, try another VPN server or go without VPN.
- Make sure you are logged in on the site.

If the problem still stays after trying the above, please give us an exact URL where this happens and where you click exactly to trigger the download.
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies.
I advise AirVPN - from € 2,75 per month. Click the below banner for more info.

oss
Site Admin

Re: Help! Not able to download with mozilla

Sat May 30, 2020 5:46 am

I always tell users to use different browser or browser in incognito/private mode. 99% fixes the problem (because, many time they dont even know there is some adblocker running...)

Return to “General talk”