Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
xaverhirgel

need help improving own subs

Thu May 07, 2020 4:57 pm

Hi guys,

I published sme subs, but want to save an improved version. Sorrily i dont get, how to do.
When I type "EDIT" in the top left and add an improved sub, it always says: sub is already published.

Your help would be highly appreciated, thx!

SmallBrother
Site Admin

Re: need help improving own subs

Thu May 07, 2020 8:42 pm

1. You must be logged in.
2. You can only update a subtitle which is initially uploaded by you.
3. Obviously, there must be 'some difference' between the initial upload and the update.

If it doesn't work, tell us the exact URL of your upload and post the update version on some file sharing site.
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies.
I advise AirVPN - from € 2,75 per month. Click the below banner for more info.

xaverhirgel

Sat May 09, 2020 4:59 pm

Thanks a lot! I updated all ma GERMAN subs for: Le Bureau des Legendes Season -5-
http://ul.to/ishdoahw can you please replace them with the newest versions here?

SmallBrother
Site Admin

Sun May 10, 2020 1:43 pm

I am sorry, but it's not clear what you want or what is the problem.
For example the RAR archive has TWO versions for episode S05E01, one called ~CiELOS and the other called ~Gerald

The ~CiELOS version is exactly the same as the one already uploaded here: https://www.opensubtitles.org/en/subtit ... ode-5-1-de
So, if you try to upload this ~CiELOS version, you will get an error like "this subtitle already exists", because... it already exists.
Uploading the ~Gerald version as update v2 should not be any problem. Have you tried?

I see uploading a v2 did work for episode 8: https://www.opensubtitles.org/en/subtit ... ode-5-8-de

I suspect you just make some mistake with confusing versions...
Concentrate, focus... and try again :)
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies.
I advise AirVPN - from € 2,75 per month. Click the below banner for more info.

Return to “General talk”