Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
Ariadnele

Download not working

Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:28 pm

I just tried to download the English Subtitle 'Clear.and.Present.Danger.1994.1080p.BluRay.H264.AAC-RARBG' 3 times. All I keep getting is popup asking me to download your search engine, and a timer that when it hits 0.00. It says my files are ready but nothing happens. Each attempt adding to my quota. "You have requested 3 downloads on your daily quota of 100"

scooby007
Site Admin

Re: Download not working

Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:31 pm

Click on the .srt name of the file and tell me what happens. Example: Clear.and.Present.Danger.1994.1080p.BluRay.H264.AAC-RARBG.srt
And are you using opensubtitles.org or the .com version?

Check this post for picture instructions: viewtopic.php?t=16695#p41159

Ariadnele

Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:30 pm

.ORG version: When I double click on the .srt as in the picture you provided, it just reloads the same screen.

.COM version: after double-clicking on the .srt, I click on the download, there is a timer that ends with Your file is ready, but nothing downloads.

I allow OpenSubtitles access in Adblock Plus

scooby007
Site Admin

Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:32 pm

Don't double click, just one click. I just tried it when not logged-in and it still works perfectly.
If you use FireFox, in general>applications> Next to srt file under actions make sure "save file" is selected. That should download the .srt straight to your download folder without the .zip folder.

Ariadnele

Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:40 pm

Editing to clarify

.ORG > I finally got it to work on single-click, but the file is 1 kb in size and only 15 lines long (I downloaded another which appears fine)

.COM > still unable to download anything
Last edited by Ariadnele on Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

scooby007
Site Admin

Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:42 pm

You've probably downloaded the "foreign parts only" file. :D
Provide the link here.

You can't use the above method on the .com website.
Issues with the .com website to be reported here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=16844

Ariadnele

Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:53 pm

I noticed the "foreign parts only" just now to get this link "https://www.opensubtitles.com/en/subtit ... -aac-rarbg" "https://www.opensubtitles.org/en/subtit ... -danger-en"

First time seeing this, having no clue what it is LOL

Thank you for your assistance. Cannot d/l from .COM but .ORG is working

scooby007
Site Admin

Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:56 pm

Yes, that link you provided is for foreign parts only.
Try this file: https://www.opensubtitles.org/en/subtit ... -danger-en

Should be a full version. Let me know if that works okay for you.
A foreign parts only file is just for the none English parts in the movie, not the full movie. Hence, can be small files with only a few lines. Depending on the movie.

Or dragging and dropping your video file in the search field should give you matching subtitles for your release in most cases.
More info with pics here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=16836&hilit=search+field#p41902

Return to “General talk”