Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
NeleEoin

Login Fail OSdownloader

Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:56 am

I can't seem to log in on the OSDownloader v1.5 app, on the site it goes without a problem. I put in my username and password but iot doesn't confirm. Had the same problem in popcorn-time but there i could fix it by writing it in the source code, but can't seem to do that with OS.

scooby007
Site Admin

Re: Login Fail OSdownloader

Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:33 pm

Does it say: "API is offline"? If so, its a cloudflare issue, I believe. Should be easily fixed, let oss know if that is the message you get.

NeleEoin

Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:40 pm

No it doesn’t say anything, I can enter my username and password than press enter, and it doesn’t respond. It works on the website so I know it’s correct. It works on popcorntime too when I edited them in de source code

scooby007
Site Admin

Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:36 pm

1: Whatever you did to get popcorn time working, can you please advise these guys what to do here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=17110&p=43529&hilit=popcorn#p43529

Us admins don't use it, so can't really help them users unless we get debug info from the developers.

2: For your issue, can you open the following link with the IP that you are connecting with: http://api.opensubtitles.org/xml-rpc ?

3: Delete cookies and cache from browser. I don't think OSdownloader gives the message "API offline", but I believe that is the same issue that OSUploader had for me. Try changing your IP if you're using a VPN, it worked for me, and see if that works. If not, let me know and we'll check it and ask you for more info if required.

I don't believe your username/password is the issue. It has more to do with: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=17128
Try the above simple steps first (step 2&3), hopefully that's all it is.

Thanks.

oss
Site Admin

Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:09 am

hi, if you can debug popcorntime, then for sure you can send us request and response code for subdownloader. All should work, double check API url is opening for you without any checks (use curl)

NeleEoin

Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:38 am

1: Whatever you did to get popcorn time working, can you please advise these guys what to do here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=17110&p=43529&hilit=popcorn#p43529

Us admins don't use it, so can't really help them users unless we get debug info from the developers.

2: For your issue, can you open the following link with the IP that you are connecting with: http://api.opensubtitles.org/xml-rpc ?

3: Delete cookies and cache from browser. I don't think OSdownloader gives the message "API offline", but I believe that is the same issue that OSUploader had for me. Try changing your IP if you're using a VPN, it worked for me, and see if that works. If not, let me know and we'll check it and ask you for more info if required.

I don't believe your username/password is the issue. It has more to do with: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=17128
Try the above simple steps first (step 2&3), hopefully that's all it is.

Thanks.
hi, i advised the guys on the forum how to fix the popcorn problem. my problem tho i cant seem to fix
thanx guys

scooby007
Site Admin

Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:20 pm

Thank you for helping the other guys.

Where oss says: send us request and response code for subdownloader. All should work, double check API url is opening for you without any checks (use curl)

If you can do that and send here, he’ll hopefully get it fixed.

Thank you

NeleEoin

Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:42 pm

Thank you for helping the other guys.

Where oss says: send us request and response code for subdownloader. All should work, double check API url is opening for you without any checks (use curl)

If you can do that and send here, he’ll hopefully get it fixed.

Thank you
Yes well, that’s the problem. I don’t understand what is meant by ‘request and response code’ my English is well, but not enough for coding, and I’m not quite the computer geek, just handy with google.

scooby007
Site Admin

Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:44 pm

I don’t understand what is meant by ‘request and response code’ my English is well, but not enough for coding, and I’m not quite the computer geek, just handy with google.
OS downloader sends a request to opensubtitles API, and then the API responds which is the "response code" that you're talking about. As I personally don't use OSD, I forwarded the message to oss so he can help you further. He's our code master and should be able to figure it out for you. :D

Thanks for your patience.

oss
Site Admin

Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:37 am

can you open api.opensubtitles.org/xml-rpc from your browser?

Return to “General talk”