Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.

report bad subtitles ?

Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:35 pm

Hi

I see a Lot of bad subtitles (At least in my langage, french. Most of times : good langage, bad movie),
and most of times posted by some say "platinium/gold user" :roll: :roll: :? :x

Except the "comment and tick as bad" thing, there is no way to report the subtitle as Bad so a moderator check and completely delete the subs (and delete the user account if this is too much current) ?

Will try to check the names of thoses fucking users which often are the same power users.
Can't understand this is possible on such a website...

Admin1

Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:18 pm

You can click on "correct subtitles" (or whatever it is in your language) and report the problem to the admins. There is a comments section where you can explain to the admin why you want the change (even deleting if that is warranted). If possibe, please use English when explaining to the admin. If the admin agrees, your recommended changes will be implemented. Other than a bad subtitle (content is completely trash) almost any other problem can be fixed by an admin. Wrong movies, wrong titles, wrong language, wrong fps, etc. can all be fixed.

ixquic

Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:55 pm

If it's the wrong movie you should look it up in IMDb and correct the IMDb ID. You can also leave a comment for "those fucking users" (on the movie or on their userpage) so they know that something is wrong with the subtitles they submit. Maybe without the F word. I don't think they do it on purpose. (Or we, speaking as a "platinum user"...) For example if someone uses Subdownloader or the Java uploader, many movie files are automatically tagged with the wrong IMDb ID because the search function returns the wrong movie, or because the hash is already in the database with the wrong IMDb ID. I guess many people just hit Submit without double-checking the prefilled IMDb ID.

Return to “General talk”