Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
SA0101

Opensubtitles not working on all my Devices

Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:38 pm

Hello Everyone,

I'm new here. I hope so you can me help. I've asked already in different Groups, but no answer.
Any Subtitles from the Source (Opensubtitles) are not downloading and it show that "there are 0 subtitles"
I use following streaming apps: CinemaHD, Catmouse....etc.

The Problem was aleady discussed here: viewtopic.php?t=16830

I use also VPN. I've choosed already different Locations in my VPN, but the Problem is the same. :( No download any Subtitels from the Source "Opensubtitles"

Is the Problem only in my System?
Thanks in advance for your help and answer.

Kind regards
Andreas

oss
Site Admin

Re: Opensubtitles not working on all my Devices

Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:03 am

Hi

try now and let us know. If it doesnt work, then configure opensubtitles in your program, you have to supply username and password. If this option is not there, they did not implement our API in correct way and they have to change this as the program you are using isn't connected to us in anyway directly.

Entotre

Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:22 am

Hi all.

I am experiencing the exact same problem as SA0101. NO opensubtitles are appearing on any device. I had this problem last year when Denmark, in all its wisdom, decided to block opensubtitles.org as they are positively evil and bad for one's health, clearly. Although, I would wager, not as bad as some other things on this planet.

I eventually managed to bypass the problem by purchasing a Firestick and a VPN. Bingo. Everything went tickety-boo until about a week or so ago.

Then, I could only (using, for example, Cyberflix, Firestick and a VPN) get some subs for some movies/tv shows. I eventually realised that this was because I was getting some subs from subscene.... but nothing from opensubtitles.org at all. Normally, there would be a plethera of subs to choose from for shows such as, for example, Last Tango In Halifax, Grantchester, that kind of thing. Now. Nothing.

Someone else with the same problem sent a message to Cyberflix and Cyberflix said "There is a known issue with opensubtitles. Most likely will be fixed in the next update". Hmmmmm?

I have never, ever had to sign in to use opensubtitles on any device. It would be great to find out exactly what the problem is? Especially in these dark times with little entertainment to be had..... :/

Am hoping with fervent hope that someone can come up with a solution?

Kind regards.

oss
Site Admin

Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:42 pm

Hi,

We need to force to sign in for some programs, because they are using too much resources, as you say, dark times. so probably guys need to update those apps so there is this option to enable sign in.

Some IP addresses (especially VPN's) are downloading over 200 subtitles in 24hrs, which is a limit per IP address. The only way to bypass this is to log-in, so please try that if possible.
Someone else with the same problem sent a message to Cyberflix and Cyberflix said "There is a known issue with opensubtitles. Most likely will be fixed in the next update". Hmmmmm?
Or wait for them software developers to add a sign-in option on their platforms. We do not own these media software that use our service or control them in anyway. That said, all these programs are welcome to use our API service to access subtitles, but as you can imagine, since everyone is at home using our service to download subtitles, the servers can become clogged at certain times, so we must dedicate our service for those that are actually logged on or visiting our site directly. Logging-in can help greatly as the limit of 200 subtitles per day is on the user, rather than a shared IP address.

Entotre

Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:21 pm

Hi oss.

Many thanks for your reply. The reply from Cyberflix was amibguous to me - and now I realise from your message that they meant an update from THEIR side. I get that now.

I also fully understand what you're saying about complete global "overload" right now. :/

But... I have no option anywhere, using the combination of Firestick/VPN/Cyberflix, to sign in to opensubtitles.org. (I use Cyberflix here as an example.... I can't get subs from opensubtitles.org on ANY streaming app, same as SA0101 who first posted regarding this problem).

What happens is.... I open Cyberflix (for example) on my Firestick which is plugged into the TV. I then choose a movie/series episode to watch. I then choose "play with subtitles".

Normally, when the planet was younger and healthier, the next screen would then offer me a load of different subs to choose from. I would select one and .... bingo.... the movie/series episode would play with the subs.

What I'm saying is that at no stage during this process is there an opportunity to sign in to opensubtitles.org. :(

Previously, I used a Chromecast to do all the above, but I had to upgrade to Firestick when subs were banned here in Denmark, so I could use a VPN to get subs.

I just wanted to clarify for others, if they're having the same problem as SA0101 and myself that perhaps............... perhaps we just have to wait until something is fixed somewhere before we can get our beloved subs showing again?

Stay safe. :)

scooby007
Site Admin

Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:24 pm

Hi,

Check the following topic: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=17032&p=43067&hilit ... elp#p43067

I'm not sure if Kodi can be used with Firestick, but I'm sure it can. I provided a YouTube video link in that forum topic as to how to log-in using the Firestick with Kodi. And it worked for that user, maybe works for you.

An extensive written guide for Setting up KODI with a VPN is here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=16994

Might be a case where you don't have to wait to watch something, rather change how you watch it.
Hope that helps and resolves any shortcomings for now.

You stay safe, too.

Entotre

Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:06 pm

Hi scooby007

Many thanks for the advice - I will take a look, but have never ventured into Kodi before..... :/ But, yes, I do know it can be used with Firestick. I a worrying that even if I do get into the effort of learning and installing and setting up that I'll still not get the option for subtitles..... :/

I shall have to try it, though! :)

juanrossi

Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:44 pm

My inquiry is, I want to setup the routers VPN, so all my wifi items are protected. Is this do able with the products I have? I found only this article in google https://webguidevpn.com/how-to-unblock- ... p-address/
Last edited by juanrossi on Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

scooby007
Site Admin

Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:27 pm

I don’t think a normal ISP router will allow you to do that. Google the info about your router.

IMHO, You need to buy a router that broadcasts the VPN IP for all your devices. So your second special router with the VPN installed will connect to the router provided by your ISP. But all your actual devices (PC, Laptop, phones, etc) will be connected to the secondary special router, not to your main ISP provided router.

The following topic may help with what routers might suit you:
https://airvpn.org/forums/topic/22668-r ... endations/

dtaeco

Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:50 pm

Hello. My subtitles are not working on Popcorn. Already did the login and still not working. Is it the same for someone else? Thanks for the help.

oss
Site Admin

Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:05 am

if you do login, it should work. Sometimes servers are overloaded, check status (if website loads without error message) here:
http://api.opensubtitles.org/xml-rpc

pooond

Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:55 pm

I a worrying that even if I do get into the effort of learning and installing and setting up that I'll still not get the option for subtitles
The video link that scooby007 provided details that you can log-in at 1m:05 seconds.
I don't use Kodi myself, but a few of my friend do and it works okay for them. I'm sure it will be fine for you.

According to this post by oss: viewtopic.php?f=11&p=43478&sid=284a6d0e ... 308#p43478
As long as the software you use can log-in to opensubtitles.org, it shouldn't have a problem. And Kodi can log-in to the site.

Hetemit

Fri Aug 13, 2021 12:29 am

On both of my devices, every time I go to a multisource server and and click on the CC icon, absolutely nothing happens at all. This has gone on since last Monday, and I don't know what to do.

If anyone has any idea what I am talking about, let me know as soon as possible.

oss
Site Admin

Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:02 pm

hi, where are you from ? We are blocked in some countries, change your DNS settings to 1.1.1.1 for example. Next thing, make sure you can login on www.opensubtitles.org and then use same username and password in your program. it should works.

Hetemit

Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:36 am

I'm from the United States. Does that mean anything?

Return to “General talk”