Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
oss
Site Admin

Re: Opensubtitles not working on all my Devices

Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:29 am

nothing really. It should work. Some debug log would help, hard to tell what is wrong without any info.

hector

Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:58 am

I often get some error message saying "Backend fetch failed", "we lost connection with database", "internal server error" and a code, 500 or 505, I don't quite remember. Sometimes it lasts for hours. Then the only thing to do is try to connect the next day.

But this has been happening for years, since I first used this site. Same message. It could be related to high load or something.

oss
Site Admin

Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:04 am

yes, sometimes ti happen on long query when everything else is blocked. We always try to make it last shorter and I hope on new website it will be better

RGerw231

Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:18 pm

I hope this will get fix!. It's nice to use but it really is bothersome if it keeps on happening.

oss
Site Admin

Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:18 pm

should be much better now

frequency194thz

Mon Aug 29, 2022 3:23 am

non of the solution here seems to be working. i can login on the website, yet kodi is saying the username is NOT available or invalid.

SmallBrother
Site Admin

Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:55 am

It helps if you mention the error exactly. But I think it is: "username or password is empty or not valid".

This might help you to solve the problem:
https://blog.opensubtitles.com/programs ... -login-fix

Also, if you are using a VPN, try changing the server/IP address.
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies.
I advise AirVPN - from € 2,75 per month. Click the below banner for more info.

oss
Site Admin

Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:57 am

Also, there is new KODI addon, which is using opensubtitles.COM site, so if you using that one, obviously you have to have *import* from opensubtitles.org to opensubtitles.com account...

screenshot helps to see which version you are using.

Return to “General talk”