Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
legeo

Why i cannot download?

Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:33 am

Where do i click to download subtitles?

For example, for the "Parasite" movie subtitles in pt-br

opensubtitles.org/pt/search/sublanguageid-pob/idmovie-754179

the first subtitle page is

opensubtitles.org/pt/subtitles/8094822/parasite-pb

Now, where do i click? When i click on the link "Parasite (2019) Bluray-1080p.pt-BR.srt", nothing happens. I can see the subtitle preview, next to it, normally. But to download the SRT file, no use.

Funchalense
Site Admin

Re: Why i cannot download?

Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:47 pm

Where do i click to download subtitles?

For example, for the "Parasite" movie subtitles in pt-br

opensubtitles.org/pt/search/sublanguageid-pob/idmovie-754179

the first subtitle page is

opensubtitles.org/pt/subtitles/8094822/parasite-pb

Now, where do i click? When i click on the link "Parasite (2019) Bluray-1080p.pt-BR.srt", nothing happens. I can see the subtitle preview, next to it, normally. But to download the SRT file, no use.

If I click on that link I can download.
But to download you can click: on the download button, on the movie image...
See image :
Sem Título.jpg
Sem Título.jpg (98.04 KiB) Viewed 17161 times

legeo

Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:57 pm

So, i was clicking right. But what happens when i click there, is that:

1- a popup window opens

2- the download of a file named "sub_search-1.0.0-an+fx.xpi" starts (ask me where to save, which is my browser setting for that)

3- In the window where i clicked, there is written something like "your download should start automatically. click [here] if it does not start.

My download does never start. But I can click on that "[here]" because it disappears before i do it. And i am on the exact starting point again. Conclusion: i never download a subtitle this way.

legeo

Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:58 pm

And after a few tries, it seems that the above steps stop happening. When i make the first click, the page simply reloads itself.

ReiSixx9

Can't download subtitles

Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:33 am

Whenever I try and download a subtitle I get this error even though I have the extension installed.

Whenever I try and create an account I just get this box or an error that says the site's down.

Can anyone please help me?

Funchalense
Site Admin

Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:49 pm

So, i was clicking right. But what happens when i click there, is that:

1- a popup window opens

2- the download of a file named "sub_search-1.0.0-an+fx.xpi" starts (ask me where to save, which is my browser setting for that)

3- In the window where i clicked, there is written something like "your download should start automatically. click [here] if it does not start.

My download does never start. But I can click on that "[here]" because it disappears before i do it. And i am on the exact starting point again. Conclusion: i never download a subtitle this way.
Click on download, and when that popups appear, close them.
I try to download ( and works for me.
I clicked on the download, and these two popups appeared, i closed them and the download started.

legeo

Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:02 pm

For me, the download does not start. First, the "empty" behaviour of nothing happening was still happening now, in the window i left opened since yesterday. I started a completely new session, so it starts working as i first said. But the SRT files still do not work for me.

I tried to click in the "click here if the download does not start" link, but that did not make the subtitles being downloaded.

But why the "click here if the download does not start" link must disappear? And so quick? It is hard to get information about it, this way.

scooby007
Site Admin

Re: Can't download subtitles

Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:45 pm

Whenever I try and download a subtitle I get this error even though I have the extension installed.

Whenever I try and create an account I just get this box or an error that says the site's down.

Can anyone please help me?
Hi,
You're using the openubtitles.com website, right?
Please use the opensubtitles.org website.

The .com website is still in beta testing phase. It's good for users to get used to it and play about with it until it goes fully live, but it is also not updated with more recent uploaded subtitles often enough for it to be used on a permanent basis yet. I'd recommend using the .org website for now and register here first.

You can always export your .org sign-on details to .com using the following form: https://www.opensubtitles.com/en/users/import
The download limit on .org website should also be 200 for you (per IP address).

For any major issues with the .com website, please post the troubles here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=16844

Hope that helps.

scooby007
Site Admin

Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:01 am

I tried to click in the "click here if the download does not start" link, but that did not make the subtitles being downloaded.
In the picture Func posted above of the subtitles page, can you see the .srt file name there: "Parasite (2019) Bluray-1080p.pt-BR.srt"?

If so, forget the download button and all the other ways of downloading a subtitle, and click on that link itself. That should download the subtitle straight to your downloads folder even without a zip folder. So just the .srt file.

Make sure you're not over excessively using cookies block and strong privacy settings on your browser that may cause some websites to break. The above is a fool proof method that has always worked, no matter what happens to the website. Try to download that way. Last but not least, also try it with a different browser.

Don't think you're experiencing a major issue that's affecting a lot of people, but an issue nonetheless. Will be put on the fix list.

Cheers

ReiSixx9

Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:45 am

Yeah I tried to use the .org website instead, but the subtitles I'm looking for don't seem to be on there, only .com weirdly enough.

Also, I'm getting this error when trying to export my .com account to .org.

scooby007
Site Admin

Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:48 am

That subtitle isn’t on .org because it was probably deemed to be crap and a machine translation, but hasn’t been removed from .com as of yet.

If you’re still struggling to import your credentials to .com, then report it in that topic link I posted above.

oss
Site Admin

Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:52 pm

we are fixing importing accounts, the problem AWS blocked our SMTP which we use because some hackers was hacking...

nhow

Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:14 pm

Error message on opensubtitles.org says daily download limit reached and it will not download the subtitles I selected. I have not downloaded any subtitles today (or since last Friday). I've tried repeatedly but keep getting the same message and there's only one stream available for this tv show (Tehran).

scooby007
Site Admin

Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:49 am

Do you share your IP address with others or use a VPN? If so, change your IP address.

If the problem is caused and you are using a private home IP address, then this problem shouldn’t exist and if that is the case, then send your IP address as a PM to oss above. Click on his name and send a PM.
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies who collect your data. Click below image for more details and reduce your online digital footprint.

oss
Site Admin

Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:43 am

also make sure you are logged in, so downloads going under to your account, and not limiting by IP

Return to “General talk”