Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
pxara

Requests for non English spoken movies

Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:53 am

There should be a way to see the original language of the movie in the requests page, and not just the language of the requested subtitle.

Here are my reasons:

Probably most subtitles on the website are for English-language movies/series because that's the largest industry. But it's worst because there's no way to specifically request a subtitle for a movie spoken in another language.
There are people speaking all kinds of languages here. Presumably, they're creating subtitles in their native languages for English-language movies. But there's no simple way for them to know there's someone who would like an English subtitle for a movie spoken in their native language.

I'll give my own experience as an example:

In 5 years, I requested subtitles for 7 movies, each one spoken in a different language.
The only one in English was the request I just made, so maybe I'll get some luck with that one.
I only got subtitles for 1 Dutch movie and I always make requests for English and Portuguese, so I can increase my chances.
There are people here speaking Spanish, Italian, Greek, Arabic and Czech but there's no way they'll know that I would like to watch some movies in their native languages.

Maybe I'm looking for too obscure titles, but maybe people would like to help promote movies from their countries. I know I would like for foreign people to enjoy Portuguese movies.

Sorry for the long post.
Thank you.

tomeh

Re: Requests for non English spoken movies

Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:50 pm

Could be a database where people add titles to vote, which is worth translating in the first order, which have the most votes
Odtwarzacz MPC-HC do filmów.

Return to “General talk”