Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
oss
Site Admin

Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:25 pm

yeah, you are right! thanks for reporting this, I will try to correct this ASAP!

ixquic

can't see any comments

Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:55 pm

I'm getting comments for the subs I uploaded by mail but I don't see them on the webpage, even when I'm logged in. I even disabled AdblockPlus (now my eyes hurt :x ) -- nothing.
I don't think it has to do with the caching issue because the whole #discussion section is missing, including the input for new comment.

oss
Site Admin

Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:19 am

yes, I had to disabled that. I am thinking I should put last posts on main page from blog...:)
http://blog.opensubtitles.org/

ixquic

Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:56 am

Ah, OK. You could just add a placeholder to the subtitles page "comments will be back soon" so people know.

The problem is, I'm getting those comments by mail but can't reply to them because the poster doesn't show up as a registered member. But if it's just temporary, well they'll have to wait.

For comments from members, could you add a link to their profile to the notification mail so I can reply via PM?

oss
Site Admin

Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:35 pm

I use same template for comments for subs/members. PM is not implemented, it is always visible to others :)

Also I know what you mean, it is one click more, for now, I dont code that, sorry...:)

TZOTZIOY

The new comment mechanism and non-ASCII text

Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:29 am

The new commenting system (the one that greys the whole page and pops up a pseudo-dialog in the middle of the page) has issues at least on my Firefox 2.0.0.6 with non-ASCII comments, while with the previous system I hadn't any trouble with any Unicode character.

e.g. check the comment in http://www.opensubtitles.org/en/subtitl ... contact-gr

edit: the email I received (new comment notification) came through ok, no question marks or illegible text.
--
Just an earthbound misfit, I.

oss
Site Admin

Sat Sep 15, 2007 2:41 pm

Thanks a lot for this, I will check that and try to correct. I have same issue in opera too, it is quite funny.

Ok, it wanst hard, so here it comes:
- fixed in less than 1 minute
- table column was in latin, and not in utf8
- you can write that comment again in http://www.opensubtitles.org/en/subtitl ... contact-gr
- you get comments correct to mail, because I send what user send, and not what was stored in db (obviously)

Ok, thank you again, I need exactly these kind of feedbacks.

ixquic

login

Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:32 pm

I'm suddenly unable to log in through the web interface. When I submit the login form, I don't get an error message but I'm still not logged in. Reload doesn't help.

It's only the web form on the main page - forum login and subdownloader login work, also when I follow a web link from subdownloader I remain logged in.

I've tested IE, Firefox, Safari and Opera, so I guess it's not a browser issue. Server-side caching?

oss
Site Admin

Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:57 pm

thanks for report. I change login code a little bit, so "remember me" should work on more than one computer, but it seems it doesnt work yet :)

but login should be working now...at least in my opera :)

ixquic

Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:39 pm

Login works again, thanks for the quick fix!

Yes, "remember me" often didn't work for me on Firefox, even though I enabled cookies for the domain.

oss
Site Admin

Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:53 am

it works now for sure. But I am not sure, if it works on 2 different PCs or browsers...

The_RedBurn

Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:50 pm

Hi,

Could you remove the "no-store" part of the http headers sent by the site (not on the forum, only on the main domain) ?
Internet Explorer doesn't take care of it if the page isn't served via https, but Firefox does and it prevents it from keeping it even in memory, so there's no fast back and forward (with the arrow buttons of the toolbar), Firefox downloads the pages each time, which is slower and increase the server load.
Additionally, because of a Firefox bug, the scroll position isn't remembered.

The entity can be removed by adding

Code: Select all

header("Cache-Control: no-cache, must-revalidate, post-check=0, pre-check=0");
in the php script, before any output.

Return to “General talk”