Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
danger

Re: broken static link

Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:36 pm

The contack link is broken:
http://2pu.net/v/opensubtitles
It works now. The 2pu.net site has been down for pretty long time, but os already fixed it. Damn broken hard drives! :-)

ils

some trouble with "subtitles.nfo" file

Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:51 am

Hello.
I suppose you store uploader's comments in Unicode, and when converting to OEM apply to them wrong locale. So I can see nothing but trash in "Comments" field (example).

Please, look at my other issue also if you don't mind.

oss
Site Admin

Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:05 pm

http://www.opensubtitles.org/en/subtitl ... firefly-ru
works for me good (you mean uploader comments) - I see there azbuka, no problem at all (using opera browser). Which browser do you use, and send some screenshot or something, so I can progress on this issue.

ils

Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:10 pm

It's not a browser problem. I'm talking about a file named "subtitles.nfo" which i've had included into archive "firefly[1].(2002).rus.14cd.(3103432).zip". The file itself contains comments from uploader. And there's no way to read 'em in Russian (and probably in any language, other then English)...

By the way, i haven't received any notifications on your replies, though "Notify"-checkbox was on.

oss
Site Admin

Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:34 pm

ok, maybe the best thing is remove comments. Sorry, but I dont have idea how to fix this issue, only way is making that file utf8, and it will be bigger problems for others, because users have problems with reading utf8 files :(

ils

Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:28 pm

Theoretically, you can get the CP right from the code of multibyte character... :wink: Or maybe you should distribute two files - plain text info + comments in UTF.

Anyway, no comments look better then garbled ones.

P.S. seems to me - "reply notification" checkbox doesn't work at all

TZOTZIOY

Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:37 am

ok, maybe the best thing is remove comments. Sorry, but I dont have idea how to fix this issue, only way is making that file utf8, and it will be bigger problems for others, because users have problems with reading utf8 files :(
Most Linux distributions work with UTF-8 out of the box, and as for the Windows users, most of them won't notice a file is UTF-8 if it's prefixed by BOM encoded as UTF-8:

>>> u'\ufeff'.encode('utf-8')
'\xef\xbb\xbf'

Is it possible that you have installed checks lately for subtitle files that would reject UTF-8 encoded files prefixed with BOM_UTF8 ? If yes, please remove this check.
--
Just an earthbound misfit, I.

oss
Site Admin

Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:49 pm

yes, I know that, but I am not sure, if NFO viewers supports UTF8. I think not (I am using Damn NFO viewer)

nb000

ads

Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:17 am

It's not a real bug, but the sie has too many ads and popups.
Slowly they make the site unusable.
Do u want to make people use subdownloader this way? :D
[b]nb000[/b]

oss
Site Admin

Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:26 pm

yes, they should use SubDownloader. Also I hate those popups and flashing banners, but I cant use google adsense anymore...:( it is pitty, I am not very satisfied with design (too much ads as you wrote), but as you can seen, we should bancrupt if we get money only from donations (now opensubtitles uses 4 servers...)

eduo

Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:56 pm

The ads are not really bothering me. The popups bother me a little more. But what really is bad is that sometimes the WHOLE page will reload into an ad page. No popup, no banner but a full page refresh into an ad page.

One of the advertisers is doing that, maybe you should look into it. It's inmensely confusing.

On the getting money through ads. I thought noone really clicked any ads. Are you actually getting income from those? I find it amazing. I don't think I've ever seen a site make money from ads or popups.

oss
Site Admin

Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:15 am

I see now. I will ask what for that ,because also it irrits me (page will load, I will click on something and popup is opened). Also, I dont click at ads at all, but others people do ofcourse.

ShooCat

Sun Apr 01, 2007 5:12 pm

Hi. Nice site you got here. :)

I've noticed I can't upload more than one file at a time any longer. Whenever I upload, say, two files (CD1 and CD2), all I get now is one of them gets 'cloned', so to speak, whereas the other one simply isn't there.

I already had to upload subs for one movie under two different entries, but it's really annoying.

Oh, and before you ask, I upload them the traditional way - I've tried several versions of Subdownloader, but it always crashes on me, so I've given up.

Anyway, anything you can do about the 'only one file per upload' bug?

And while I'm at it, how about an option for specifying the FPS for us 'old-timers'? :)

oss
Site Admin

Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:29 pm

yes, when I was fixing upload script this error comes...now it should be fixed, but for some old subtitles - they are uploaded with same names :(

also fps, moviesize and other infos is sent by subdownlaoder or other programs using OS.

thanks for informing me!

ShooCat

Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:17 am

Yep, it's fixed now - thanks. :)
also fps, moviesize and other infos is sent by subdownlaoder or other programs using OS.
I know, but as I said, I can't seem to get subdownloader to work. Not even the latest version. :?

Oh, well. :)

By the way, I haven't been automatically notified of your answer.

Return to “General talk”