Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
mlgmemer420

Problems with Android TV using VLC / Cyberflix / MXPlayer etc.

Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:56 pm

So I watch a lot of tv shows, but it seems after I changed ISP earlier this year, that subtitle searches within these apps yield no results. I've bypassed the issue for some time using my VPN; setting it to a British or US IP, thus yielding subtitles results. Recently that stopped working altogether, though.

The site is not blocked by my ISP, so I don't think that is why (meaning i can access and download manually. Is something changed at opensubtitles, blocking access from apps, or do you have a clue why it is like this? The same goes for subscene searches
Last edited by SmallBrother on Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed topic title to reflect contents better

scooby007
Site Admin

Re: Problems with Android TV using VLC / Cyberflix / MXPlayer etc.

Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:40 pm

Yes, sometimes some searches can get blocked VIA IP addresses. As some spammers use those IP addresses from VPN for personal/corporate mischief, too. All I can advise is to change your server location from your VPN interface until you have tried all their main servers that you would use. That should hopefully work. We don't block any apps such as, Kodi, FireStick or Plex, etc.

If not, contact us from the main page by clicking on "contact us" with your main IP address so we can check to see if we have individually blocked that particular address. Make sure this IP is personal and not of the VPN provider. Do not post your personal IP address here in response to any messages. You'll have to contact subscene for any issues regarding them directly.

mlgmemer420

Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:16 am

Thanks for the reply. I will try so.

Redraider68

Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:24 pm

I have an opensubtitles registration (not the forum one) and have logged into Kodi on a fire stick. Subtitles work on Movie Theater Butter but not on Greased Lighting add ons. Receiving need to log in message on Cyberflix, Bee TV and Titanium apps but cannot find any place in settings to log. Strangely this is only happening on the fire stick I just installed on a new smart tv—the ones that are on two other televisions continue to work. Cyberflix, Bee TV and Titanium are my preferred apps so I am need to know how to sign in on these apps to get subtitles. Any help would be most appreciated.

scooby007
Site Admin

Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:36 pm

Doesn't normally take this long for a post to be answered. I guess no one knows. If it works on two different TV's but not the third, then it's anybodies guess as to why. Could be some problem with that third TV functionality itself. Maybe the manufacturer of that TV "know-how" team can help. It strikes me that the 3rd TV is asking for a logging info, when the others don't. Normally OS site asks for you to log-in if your IP is banned. If you're using a VPN, try a different server with different IP address after clearing your cache and cookies (if the TV/apps stores cookies, cache), see if that helps.
Worked for other users. Or ask those app developers to make it so you can log-in to sites via that app.
Check: https://forum.opensubtitles.org/viewtop ... 11&t=16924

Try disabling your firewall and see if that is causing any issues.

Third party apps aren't our forte.
Sorry if that isn't helpful.

Return to “General talk”