Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
jivan28

Problem downloading subtitles

Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:00 am

On opensubtitles.org it shows https://www.opensubtitles.org/en/subtit ... co-1988-en but on opensubtitles.com it only shows subtitles other than english. See https://www.opensubtitles.com/en/movies/2017-nico-1988 . Have no idea why such a difference. I am unable to download the english subtitles or make a request for the same :(

scooby007
Site Admin

Re: Problem downloading english subtitle of Nico, 1988

Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:56 am

It works fine for me. If you're still struggling, click on the file name that ends in .srt. I've included a picture of a different subtitle as an example.
subs are here: https://www.opensubtitles.org/en/search ... vie-686799

Picture of where to click:

.com site is in beta phase, and doesn't always transfer and update all the subtitle from .org, as it should. All that will be fixed before its official launch.

jivan28

Re: Problem downloading subtitles

Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:44 pm

no, it doesn't work at least at my end. It just refreshes the page . I get both download beta and download as options but neither of themw orks. I will update it once I have posted a screenshot at some image sharing site.

The second one works, dunno why anonfile.com doesn't, anyways.

jivan28

Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:34 pm

The same thing happens with https://www.opensubtitles.org/en/subtit ... ng-nyeo-en . I have no clue of what's going on. The english sub doesn't appear in https://www.opensubtitles.com/en/all/se ... d_sources- Just no clue why it is happening like that :(

scooby007
Site Admin

Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:16 pm

The same thing happens with https://www.opensubtitles.org/en/subtit ... ng-nyeo-en . I have no clue of what's going on. The english sub doesn't appear in https://www.opensubtitles.com/en/all/se ... d_sources- Just no clue why it is happening like that :(
no, it doesn't work at least at my end. It just refreshes the page . I get both download beta and download as options but neither of themw orks.
It doesn't appear on .com cos the subtitle was just uploaded today on .org. Normally takes 24hrs to update.
As mentioned before, click on the filename whilst logged in: Microhabitat.2017.KOREAN.1080p.NF.WEBRip.DDP5.1.x264-ITSGOINGDOWN.srt
That will download the subtitle on .org site without any issues.
Don't know why the main site download button isn't working for you, I can't seem to replicate the issue, as it's working for me.
Try the above to obtain the subtitle immediately to watch your movie, and for the future, log a ticket with us regarding the download button here: https://support.opensubtitles.org/

The forum is mostly for issues surrounding everyone and anyone, as this issue seems to be unique to you, try the support link given above. Hope that resolves it for you.

Good luck. :D

jivan28

Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:56 pm

tried and failed. FWIW, I have made a support ticket Let's see if they are able to fix it or ask me something more. FWIW, I am able to download the .nfo files of both the subs. without an issue.

scooby007
Site Admin

Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:01 pm

FWIW, I am able to download the .nfo files of both the subs. without an issue.
That's fab :D but you'd only be getting NFO file if your using the download icons, the method I told you to use will not download an nfo file.
Did you actually click on the filename: Microhabitat.2017.KOREAN.1080p.NF.WEBRip.DDP5.1.x264-ITSGOINGDOWN.srt to download the file?
Try different browser, disable ABP (or similar programs) and clear your cache. The above mentioned method always works. No matter what.
I have made a support ticket Let's see if they are able to fix it
They should be able to.

jivan28

Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:34 am

yes, I tried all of the above options but nothing worked :(

SmallBrother
Site Admin

Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:23 am

Alternatively, you can click on the movie poster:

But BEFORE you do so, do this:
- Clear all your cookies and cache of your browser.
- Restart the browser.
- Click on the movie poster.

Now this should happen:
- You get a dialog window to downlaod or open a ZIP file
- Inside this ZIP file is a .NFO and a .SRT file

Does this work?
If not, what happens instead? Please add a screenshot and/or a detailed description.
If not, does your problem occur with ALL subtitles, or just 'a few'?
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies.
I advise AirVPN - from € 2,75 per month. Click the below banner for more info.

oss
Site Admin

Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:24 am

Hi, to add to discussion:

1) all other subtitles files download working ? Yes or no ? (or some of them working, but these doesnt work?)
2) try different browser, try incognito/private mode
3) try to turn off VPN/TOR/PROXY
4) what are you getting there, just reloading page ?
5) send me your IP via PM.
6) if you get any errors, send screenshot.

jivan28

Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:46 pm

Hi, to add to discussion:

1) all other subtitles files download working ? Yes or no ? (or some of them working, but these doesnt work?)
2) try different browser, try incognito/private mode
3) try to turn off VPN/TOR/PROXY
4) what are you getting there, just reloading page ?
5) send me your IP via PM.
6) if you get any errors, send screenshot.
1. Other subtitles work or not. They definitely work in opensubtitles.com. Surprisingly, I was able to downlod the subtitles without logging into the site, but once I login I get stuck.

2. Tried different browser, same result as above.

3. I am not using proxy middleware for in-between.

4. yes, it just reloads the page.

5. I sent you my IP via PM

6. Have the same thing over and over again.

7. On opensubtitles.com I had to type something like this to get to the movie imdb:'tt7186092' after which I was able to download the subtitle. FWIW, it doesn't the times. frames to what I could see. The movie I have is 25 fps. while this seems lower.

oss
Site Admin

Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:11 am

this is very strange. I try to expire some caches, you try also again (incognito mode is good)

Return to “General talk”