Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
jivan28

Subtitle Request feature options

Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:41 am

I had been trying to get to the last few requests I made but there doesn't seem to be a way to search requests. Is there a way to search within my own profile. There doesn't seem to be a way to do that :( If there is, please share the same.

jivan28

Removing requests when completed.

Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:23 am

Should we be removing the requests when completed. Ideally, we should but there is no indicator or indication for the same.

oss
Site Admin

Re: Removing requests when completed.

Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:32 am

this should work when there are 2 or more subtitles uploaded fro request.

jivan28

Re: Is there a way to search for my requests of subtitles by when I made the request ?

Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:31 am

Dear oss, that much I know, but within that is there a way to manipulate, get the requests by date, name etc. This is something I haven't been able to do. If this was possible, would save me lot of time as many a time I end up making tons of duplicate requests. As of date, I don't see a way to system to tell me if I have already made a request. I only get to know of the request that it is a duplicate request only after I have made the request. This has happened on many an occasion.
Last edited by jivan28 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jivan28

Re: Removing requests when completed.

Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:32 am

I was looking as maybe asking if you to make it as a best practise or someway to encourage the requesters when the request has been completed.

oss
Site Admin

Re: Is there a way to search for my requests of subtitles by when I made the request ?

Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:33 pm

Hi

I understand. I believe much more better requests will be on www.opensubtitles.com - new site, but it is work in progress ATM. For now, requests on the .org will be not changed.

jivan28

Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:55 pm

Hi

I understand. I believe much more better requests will be on http://www.opensubtitles.com - new site, but it is work in progress ATM. For now, requests on the .org will be not changed.
That would be a relief. Btw is there anyway to track on what you are working on . I know at times you do use the blog and the news section to tell what new and exciting changes are gonna be on opensubtitles.com Maybe you could also share a git or subversion repo. so we know what you are working on, at least those of us who are so inclined to know what new things may be coming :)

oss
Site Admin

Re: Subtitle Request feature options

Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:58 am

Hi,

well, if we had more people in our team who would do this communication (twitter, facebook, blog...) would be good. There is always something new, but we just don't spread it.

Return to “General talk”