Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
os_dev

Re: Give us feedback about the new site opensubtitles.com

Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:24 am

the subtitles uploaded on opensubtitles.org take between 1 to 4 hours to get transferred.

The time it takes for a subtitle to get transferred from .org to .com is for all languages ? Or just for some languages.

For example in PT/PT .org there are avaible 4 subtitles for Rambo the last blood : https://www.opensubtitles.org/pt/search ... ovie-34867

The first one was uploaded on the day 30/11/19
And yet on 03/12 there is none on .com

https://www.opensubtitles.com/pt-PT/mov ... last-stand
Thank you so much for pointing it out, it lead me to find an error in the import process, your feedback is highly appreciated.

jivan28

Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:18 pm

the login window doesn't open, was opening yesterday but not today -

See https://ibb.co/8j03sH6 for how it comes. This makes it I'm unable to login to new opensubtitles.com, dunno why :(

os_dev

Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:37 am

the login window doesn't open, was opening yesterday but not today -

See https://ibb.co/8j03sH6 for how it comes. This makes it I'm unable to login to new opensubtitles.com, dunno why :(
Yeah sorry about that, we are still doing some upgrades on the servers, there was a lot of interruptions yesterday, will be over soon hopefully

tomeh

Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:48 pm

The new one is too big for me, too many spaces, everything too big I like compact views small and huge fields here - although fortunately all the time defaults and I see this view previous
Odtwarzacz MPC-HC do filmów.

fingersmaster

Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:07 pm

Hi
I have a suggestion : would it be possible to add at the top of the page a little envelope logo which would show a colour dot (or would change colour...) when we receive a message, (a MP...). (check boardgamegeek to see what I mean).
The reason I thought of this : I recently received a warning (my first in 11 years in OS!). The reason is simple : I didn't see the message explaining why my subs had been removed. So I thought it was a glitch and reuploaded the subs. If I had seen a signal when I signed in, I would have read the message and wouldn't have reuploaded the subs. And I wouldn't have received a warning.
What do you think ? Let me know.
Thanks
F.

OliverKlozoff

Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:22 pm

It seems that none of my uploads from the current main site are being transferred to the beta site. Is the sync currently off?

scooby007
Site Admin

Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:34 pm

It seems that none of my uploads from the current main site are being transferred to the beta site. Is the sync currently off?
Yes, I believe so.
Bare with them, they're just concentrating on other bits at the moment and working their way up the ladder.

os_dev

Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:24 am

Yes, I believe so.
Bare with them, they're just concentrating on other bits at the moment and working their way up the ladder.
Yes sorry, was stucked in server configuration that needed to be finished... the synchronisation should now be fixed, some subtitles might not appear directly but should in the next 2-3 hours max.

os_dev

Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:26 am

Hi
I have a suggestion : would it be possible to add at the top of the page a little envelope logo which would show a colour dot (or would change colour...) when we receive a message, (a MP...). (check boardgamegeek to see what I mean).
The reason I thought of this : I recently received a warning (my first in 11 years in OS!). The reason is simple : I didn't see the message explaining why my subs had been removed. So I thought it was a glitch and reuploaded the subs. If I had seen a signal when I signed in, I would have read the message and wouldn't have reuploaded the subs. And I wouldn't have received a warning.
What do you think ? Let me know.
Thanks
F.
A bit late answer, but this is coming, opensubtitles.com will have his own forum and messaging system very soon, with notifications (actually you can already see the notifications if somebody replies to one of your comments, or if you request a translation)

mrtinkles
Subtitles Admin

Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:36 am

Just wanted to add to what user tomeh touched upon earlier regarding the new .com site: "The new one is too big for me, too many spaces, everything too big I like compact views small and huge fields here".

Yes, when opening the new site, the first thing that I notice is how LOUD it is in comparison to the org site. Lots of activity occurring on the main page, which is sensory overload to my senior citizens' brain. There are scrolling/rotating Brads and Leos, but, just a relatively small ratio of data to real estate. My personal preference is the somewhat muted appearance of the existing .org site with focus more on "info" and not "graphics". As such, for those of us whose preference leans to sedate tabulated data, is it feasible to provide some type of data dump csv or xls(x) outputs which would offer us oldsters the ability to sort and manipulate to our own fancy? Thanks for letting me chip in my two cents and for all of your hard work towards the new site.......

os_dev

Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:36 am

is it feasible to provide some type of data dump csv or xls(x) outputs which would offer us oldsters the ability to sort and manipulate to our own fancy? Thanks for letting me chip in my two cents and for all of your hard work towards the new site.......
Well thanks for the feedback but that's not gonna be possible unfortunately, a website use very different technologies than csv/xls who are designed to manipulate documents.

I agree the home page is a bit ugly, the idea was to have all latest comments, latest movies, actually exactly the same as the old site but using a modern system, so that it displays in all size of screens, from smartphones to 27'' computer screen. You can use the zoom in and out to make the contents fit your screen better.

But actually as a user, I don't even ever go to the home page, the idea is mainly to use the search bar...

As we get a vast majority of positive feedback, we will not be going back to the old site, it is actually at some point harder to keep 15 years old code still working rather than develop new one.

putting sites side by side I can't honestly understand what else than old habits could make the old site more usable
sites.jpg
sites.jpg (152.2 KiB) Viewed 142881 times

Anyway note: I didn't develop any of those designs myself, I'm adapting a new one for opensubtitles.com, planning to release it before christmas, hope you'll find it more readable !

mrtinkles
Subtitles Admin

Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:40 pm

Appreciate you taking the time to respond. Yes, a lot of it is user preferences and adaptability vs. learning curve when transitioning software and applications. Hey, some of us still hate the ribbon concept for aesthetics and functionality and prefer legacy addons; it's just a matter of what suits our needs best. Thanks again for your time and efforts and look forward to seeing your new design!....all the best

English, not deaf

Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:11 pm

You need one feature: To be able to search for subtitles that only translate foreign languages. The should be for everything EXCEPT the language specified. Because not all of us are deaf. It would be different if the name of this website was "SubtitlesForTheDeaf.org". Then it would make sense. But we'd still need subtitles for foreign languages which are often absent. Or maybe this site should be titled "SubtitlesForTheDeafThatSuddenlyGetTheirHearingBackWhenPeopleSpeakOtherLanguages.org"

oss
Site Admin

Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:06 pm

Hi, not sure what you mean exactly, but it is feature there: just click on www.opensubtitles.com, search something and then in PREFERENCES tool icon you can select:
Subtitles for hearing impaired - include, exclude, only.

os_dev

Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:03 am

Hi, not sure what you mean exactly, but it is feature there: just click on http://www.opensubtitles.com, search something and then in PREFERENCES tool icon you can select:
Subtitles for hearing impaired - include, exclude, only.
I think he meant he doesn't care about hearing impaired, he wants the foreign parts only.

Return to “General talk”