Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
SmallBrother
Site Admin

Re: Give us feedback about the new site opensubtitles.com

Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:52 am

Yes, I understand and appreciate your approach.

For now, for us admins, the old site offers what we need to moderate, so no rush.
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies.
I advise AirVPN - from € 2,75 per month. Click the below banner for more info.

os_dev

Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:23 pm

Thanks for your understanding, we will still use opensubtitles.org as a main source of uploads for a while - so moderation will be done as usual

Mr Wolf

Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:36 am

Hello, I'm a very long time opensubtitles.org user.
I was making some searches on Google, and, incidentally, I found opensubtitles.com
I could see the subtitles I uploaded in the past, but I never registered to it; so, I thought opensubtitles.com was one of those sites which fraudulently copy the content of another site to gain visits.

However - and that's why I'm writing here - there's an username (which is different from the one I use on opensubtitles.org) used as uploader, which is actually me: but, if I click on it to see the profile, I can see my e-mail in clear!!!

How is this possible?

I tried with some other users, and for some of them (not all), I could see their e-mail.

oss
Site Admin

Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:26 am

hi, where you can see your email (or other users email), send us link when reporting errors. Thanks

os_dev

Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:39 am

How is this possible?
I'm so sorry about that, this is all on me. In recent updates I mixed up parts of the user public profile, and user personal profile, those were only visible in the last few weeks, it is now fixed, thank you so much for reporting it.

Mr Wolf

Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:34 am

Ok, glad you solved it.

hadilan

Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:44 am

"Sorry. We have problem with network connection to database server, try reload page.
Error 503 Backend fetch failed
Backend fetch failed

Guru Meditation:
XID: ...............................

Varnish cache server"
I see this error many times at today, over and over.
I'm "Masters of Guru" now, please fix the problem...
-H.

os_dev

Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:10 am

Well for this one the message couldn't be more accurate....

we are working hard on the servers, the problems should be solved soon, we got stucked on some issues for weeks and finally figuring them out, thanks for your patience !

jivan28

Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:30 pm

I just uploaded a subtitle on opensubtitles.org as the upload on opensubtitles.com is still yet to be done/created. I wanted to comment or say something for the subtitle I created. I basically corrected lot of spellings, punctuations etc. and timing on the subtitle I got. I dunno if it's possible to do on that on opensubtitles.com and get it highlighted so people know while comparing two subtitles.

os_dev

Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:14 am

the subtitles uploaded on opensubtitles.org take between 1 to 4 hours to get transferred. Your uploader comments will be transferred to the new site too, but not the other user comments.

So if you add your comments while uploading, they will be saved, if the subtitles is modified on .org, the changes will also be copied,

Alternatively you can also add comments to the subtitle on opensubtitles.com, but those will not be copied back to .org

SmallBrother
Site Admin

Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:40 am

Your uploader comments will be transferred to the new site too, but not the other user comments.
Comments by other users are an important part of the interaction between users and adding importantly to the 'community feeling'. So I think it is a good idea if
1. these comments are being copied too,
2. these comments are prominently visible, without any additional user action.
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies.
I advise AirVPN - from € 2,75 per month. Click the below banner for more info.

os_dev

Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:31 pm

Your uploader comments will be transferred to the new site too, but not the other user comments.
Comments by other users are an important part of the interaction between users and adding importantly to the 'community feeling'. So I think it is a good idea if
1. these comments are being copied too,
2. these comments are prominently visible, without any additional user action.
Allright, it's unfortunately impossible to sync all comments with the new site, but I prepared a system that will display the original discussion in the subtitle details.

Here's a screenshot of what I propose
Attachments
legacy_comments.png
legacy_comments.png (76.93 KiB) Viewed 150881 times

scooby007
Site Admin

Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:50 pm

How about: "Show available comments on opensubtitles.org"? If there aren't any, that option/link doesn't need to be there.

Funchalense
Site Admin

Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:34 pm

the subtitles uploaded on opensubtitles.org take between 1 to 4 hours to get transferred.

The time it takes for a subtitle to get transferred from .org to .com is for all languages ? Or just for some languages.

For example in PT/PT .org there are avaible 4 subtitles for Rambo the last blood : https://www.opensubtitles.org/pt/search ... ovie-34867

The first one was uploaded on the day 30/11/19
And yet on 03/12 there is none on .com

https://www.opensubtitles.com/pt-PT/mov ... last-stand

os_dev

Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:42 am

How about: "Show available comments on opensubtitles.org"? If there aren't any, that option/link doesn't need to be there.
Yeah I thought of that, it will only show if there is a discussion on .org

Return to “General talk”