Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
Sukhi

Subtitle not working on my firestick

Thu May 30, 2019 9:57 pm

Subtitles are not downloading and it show that "there are 0 subtitles"
I use following streaming apps:-
Cyberflix
Cinema hd
Dream TV
TV Zion
And many more

sadie2009

Re: Subtitle not working on my firestick

Fri May 31, 2019 8:22 pm

Having the same problem exactly! At about 8:00 PM central time in America I lose all Open Subtitles on my fire stick. Always returns the next day. .Almost no subtitles will download from 8:00 PM thru 12:00 AM central American time.

oss
Site Admin

Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:31 am

thats very strange!

jport56

Re: Help

Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:48 pm

No subtitles on Firestick,Titanium TV and others. just stopped working 5/31/19.Please help

oss
Site Admin

Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:06 am

Hi,

you can send us your IP in PM, and also error log, so we can see what is wrong.

jport56

Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:09 pm

I am not getting an error log. When I select PLAY WITH SUBTITLES,it instantly goes to Subscene and displays NO DATA on all of my APK's (5).It plays fine when I select PLAY. My wife is deaf and we can't watch anything on our Firestick

scooby007
Site Admin

Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:00 pm

I am not getting an error log. When I select PLAY WITH SUBTITLES,it instantly goes to Subscene and displays NO DATA on all of my APK's (5).It plays fine when I select PLAY. My wife is deaf and we can't watch anything on our Firestick
Hi, I don't use Firestick so can't really say for certain, but is it possible to select Opensubtitles only for your search, or at least for subtitle choice as a priority choice for this site instead of subscene?

Reason being, subscene has had some server issues where too many requests are being made and their servers can't take it. So subscene has blocked all bot requests, where you can only download and conduct searches on their site manually after doing a captcha test.
There are no server issues with us and we're not blocking any bots or API services to access content from our site.

To eliminate IP issues, change your server location through VPN or contact oss with your IP address that you use so he can be sure that particular IP isn't blocked. But if there is no such error log created as to why it doesn't work, then we don't know how else we can help. For all we know, it may just be a Firestick issue. Is it also possible to contact them about the issue? If you find any solution at all, please post back here.

For all other subscene issues or being blocked by them specifically, contact them directly. As they are specifically blocking other programs from accessing their subtitles.

Thank you, and hope that information helps.

oss
Site Admin

Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:12 pm

I dont have firestick, but I believe they are using KODI. So check our guides how to enable opensubtitles on kodi and please send us, if opensubtitles has a problem, not on subscene.

This topic may help: https://forum.opensubtitles.org/viewtop ... odi#p41627

jport56

Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:59 pm

Thanks so much Scooby.You are the best.It was an IP issue.Now my wife can watch.

scooby007
Site Admin

Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:05 pm

Thanks so much Scooby.You are the best.It was an IP issue.Now my wife can watch.
Brilliant. Glad to hear it. Were you using a VPN, and what did you change? Just so others can do what you did and benefit.
Have fun. :)

jport56

Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:01 pm

Yes I am,I just changed location from Chicago to Cleveland on IP address and magic it worked,thanks to you Scooby007.Can't thank you enough!!!

nhow

Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:21 pm

I'm able to access subtitles on my PC but not on firestick. When I log into my account through firestick I keep getting a message that I'm not allowed to access. I put in my user name and pw but when I entered the film name then go, it said I was not authorized. Tried it many times. No luck.

SmallBrother
Site Admin

Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:36 pm

Are you sure you are using the correct username + password?
The login for this forum and for the subtitle site are two different things, NOT the same.
Check on www.opensubtitles.org if you can log in. Use this combination username/password.
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies.
I advise AirVPN - from € 2,75 per month. Click the below banner for more info.

nhow

Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:44 pm

It suddenly started working this afternoon. I have no idea why (or why it didn't yesterday). I have the same user name and PW on all platforms, forums, etc. Maybe it just needed time to work. Dunno. But at least it works now.
Thanks for your help.

matinsnaff

Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:17 am

From my side on Cinema HD is working fine.

Return to “General talk”