Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
jivan28

When are you planning to migrate the profile, username, password database to opensubtitles.com from opensubtitles.org ?

Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:25 am

When are you planning to migrate the profile, username, password database to opensubtitles.com from opensubtitles.org ? Is there some sort of roadmap so we know when we will be migrated ?

oss
Site Admin

Re: When are you planning to migrate the profile, username, password database to opensubtitles.com from opensubtitles.or

Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:12 pm

Hi,

you have to migrate it manually, just go to https://www.opensubtitles.com/en/home.html, click register and over there you can see "import account from opensubtitles.org) - https://www.opensubtitles.com/en/users/import

password are hashed, and we changed hashing method, so it is not possible to import also passwords...

transferring accounts should be easy to be done manually.

jivan28

Re: When are you planning to migrate the profile, username, password database to opensubtitles.com from opensubtitles.or

Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:22 pm

hmm... I migrated but wasn't able to log in to https://rb.opensubtitles.org/en/home.html#modal-login . It kinda is stuck in there. Maybe some coding needs to be done or something. It didn't give a log in page where I could add my credentials.

jivan28

Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:07 pm

I have absolutely no clue. I tried the migrate form but it doesn't generate any mail to my mail account. Have no clue why it is so. It did do so last time and the link therein took me to rb.opensubtitles.org instead of opensubtitles.com.

Mazrim Taim

Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:33 pm

I have absolutely no clue. I tried the migrate form but it doesn't generate any mail to my mail account. Have no clue why it is so. It did do so last time and the link therein took me to rb.opensubtitles.org instead of opensubtitles.com.
You're not alone in this, I tried it several times. No mail.

I did exactly as instructed -
just go to https://www.opensubtitles.com/en/home.html, click register and over there you can see "import account from opensubtitles.org"

Click on 'submit' and nothing happens. No mail, no redirections.

os_dev

Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:35 am

Thanks for the feedback, and sorry about the issues.

I was able to figure out what went wrong with the system, and fix it.

Please try again to import your account from
https://www.opensubtitles.com/en/users/import

Everything should work normally now 8)

jivan28

Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:03 pm

thank you, now it works. I was able to import successfully.

Now, at some point the requests need to be imported too, so that's the next phase I guess.

os_dev

Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:28 am

Yes it is on the way, requests, uploads, and many more features to come !

It is now a tricky phase where we must keep the old and new sites synchronised....

Thank you for your feedbacks, comments, and patience, it really helps a lot

jivan28

Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:18 pm

I hope we would also have the forum integrated in some way or the other.

mrtinkles
Subtitles Admin

Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:17 am

This issue appears to have resurfaced with importing accounts from .org to .com. Have been repeatedly trying for days to import account to no avail, just receive the verification required warning after submittal, followed by the backend fetch error message.

os_dev

Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:56 am

for now anything that sends an email leads to an error, this is related to our SMTP, not import system

sorry about that, should be fixed today

os_dev

Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:46 pm

it is fixed now, imports should work normally.

note, if you have already created an account on .com, then try to import the .org account, you need to logout first, then import.
obviously you need to have the same email associated with the account.

mrtinkles
Subtitles Admin

Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:25 am

Thanks for correcting, have managed to import account now. Another question: It appears that none of the subs (~4500) I have uploaded on .org are indicated under my account on the .com side. Will this be corrected so that I'll still have access rights to the files in the event I need to correct or make revision updates to them? Appreciate your efforts.....mrtinkles

os_dev

Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:57 am

Thanks for the feedback. For now i see 60 subtitles on your account https://www.opensubtitles.com/en/user/mrtinkles

but that's a display issue, will fix that soon, nothing to do on your side, for now all uploads and validation are made on opensubtitles.org only, and then they get copied to opensubtitles.com

Return to “General talk”