Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
Baheca1

Fansubbing in Portugal and the Translation of Humor

Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:06 pm

Hello, I’m a student from the University of Lisbon and I’m writing my Thesis on Fansubbing in Portugal and the Translation of Humor to conclude my Master Degree in Translation Studies.
I have a personal interest in fansubbing because I’m also involve in this world and iI find intriguing how the community works together to deliver a product only by the love for what they do. In my thesis I’m going to investigate how the process works (how many people are involve since the choice of doing a subtitle until her delivery), which ages are common in this task, which strategies they use to translate humor and why they decided to do this job. I would like to know if I can send to you a few questions or a quiz so that you can answer (whatever you like). It’s important TO SAY THAT THIS questions ARE ANONYMOUS! I don’t need to know names or another personal information because that Isn’t the main focus of my research. And of course the results of my thesis and the thesis itself will be provided to you as a way of trust and to verify to authenticity in my words.

Thank you for your attention

Vanessa Silva
For more information fell free to ask [email address removed by SmallBrother]
-------------------/------------------------------/--------------------------------------------------------
(Versão portuguesa)

Boa tarde, sou uma estudante da Universidade de Lisboa e estou, de momento, a escrever a tese sobre O Fansubbing em Portugal e a Tradução do Humor para concluir o Mestrado em tradução.
Tenho um interesse pessoal em Fansubbing, pois eu mesma já produzi legendas para várias comunidades e intriga-me o modo de cooperação destas comunidades para entregar um produto com base/motivação numa série/filme ou na comunidade. Na minha tese irei investigar como o processo tradutório ocorre (fases de tradução/pessoas estão envolvidas desde da escolha de fazer uma legenda até a sua entrega), que faixas etárias são predominantes, que estão usam para traduzir o humor e finalmente, a motivação pela qual fazem o que fazem diariamente. Gostaria de saber se seria possível enviar-lhe algumas questões ou um questionário para que possa responder (tanto quanto deseja). É IMPORTANTE REFERIR QUE AS QUESTÕES SÃO ANÓNIMAS! Não preciso e não minha intenção saber informações pessoas como nomes, simplesmente, porque esse não é o foco principal da minha investigação. Devo adicionar que os resultados da minha tese e a própria tese serão lhe proporcionados para manter a confiança entre partes e para, adicionalmente, verificar a autenticidade das minhas palavras.

Obrigada pela atenção.
Vanessa Silva

Para mais informações sinta-se à vontade para perguntar [email address removed by SmallBrother]

SmallBrother
Site Admin

Re: Fansubbing in Portugal and the Translation of Humor

Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:52 pm

Please do not 'spam'. Sending out multiple/mass PM's AND posting on the forum is maybe a bit too much...
Also, communicating by email involves a privacy risk. Please do not post your own email address and do not ask for people to contact you by email. This is the first step in guaranteeing users to be anonymous. Users can reply by PM or by replying to this forum post.
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies.
I advise AirVPN - from € 2,75 per month. Click the below banner for more info.

Return to “General talk”