Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
jivan28

503 Backend Fetch failed

Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:21 pm

I was looking to download any of the english subs at https://www.opensubtitles.org/en/search ... bid-638347 but each of them give a -

Code: Select all

Error 503 Backend fetch failed Backend fetch failed Guru Meditation: XID: 161514778 Varnish cache server
Can somebody fix the error please :(

SmallBrother
Site Admin

Re: 503 Backend Fetch failed

Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:02 pm

This is one of the most common server errors - and it has nothing to do with this or that specific subtitle.

It is just a temporary site wide error. The solution is just wait. Usually, one minute later or one hour later, the problem is solved.
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies.
I advise AirVPN - from € 2,75 per month. Click the below banner for more info.

jivan28

Re: When are you planning to migrate the profile, username, password database to opensubtitles.com from opensubtitles.or

Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:50 am

Now for the last week or so, I have been getting strange varnish server timouts . Just today on opensubtitles.com

Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Backend fetch failed
Guru Meditation:

XID: 252576079

There have been quite a few of such incidents.

Edit- Update - At times I even get

422 - Unprocessable Entity
Oooops. This is embarassing.
Strange error, forget you ever saw that....

SmallBrother
Site Admin

Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:23 pm

You posted this off-topic, so I moved it to a more suitable topic.
I suppose you have the answer now, too :)
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies.
I advise AirVPN - from € 2,75 per month. Click the below banner for more info.

jivan28

Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:20 pm

This has been happening repeatedly hence I reported it. Aren't the logs showing you something ? I dunno what you are using in backend but if you are using apache then apache logs should give you some stats.

Return to “General talk”