Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
kadaro90

URL subtitles for stream watching

Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:14 am

Hi all.

I would like to add URL subtitles to movies watched on streams but I don't really know if or how can I do it with those from OpenSubtitles... I found another website where there's URL subtitles but there's a lot of movies missing...

Thanks for any support.
Regards,
Darek

leviathanguthrie

Re: URL subtitles for stream watching

Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:45 pm

Here what you would have to do is download the subtitle, then upload the file. Many videoplayers let you do this, the first one that comes to mind is openload, which gives you an options to load subtitles either from a url or a file. So:

1) Find the subtitles you want here.
2) Donwload.
3) Find a version of the show/film on openload.
4) Select upload from file.

If the timing is out, you can use sites like http://subshifter.bitsnbites.eu/ to make adjustments

kadaro90

Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:53 pm

Thanks for your answer.
I've already tried that and it doesn't always work. When I use URL option it works always. The thing is I need a good database of subtitles since the only one I found so far is thesubtitles.net and they don't have all the movies there...

leviathanguthrie

Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:10 pm

Strange.

I have no idea how much you know about computers, so I will start with a stupid piece of advice. Another forum member here didn't notice that sometimes files download as .zip files, and you have to extract them to get the .srt file.

Assuming you know the difference between a zip and an srt, I can only think that in some instances you downloaded files with weird timings. Can you give an example of a file you downloaded from here that didn't work? I could take a look.

Return to “General talk”