Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
liaemars

Message with subs

Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:05 pm

Hi.
Can anybody please help Me.
I've found the subs for a movie named Beaufort, and used Vidcoder to install the subtites to the movie as hard coded. thị trường bất động sản I get a message before every piece of dialect saying <font face=trebuchetMS> I've added subs to many movies this way, but I only have the problem with this movie.
Thanks for any help.

SmallBrother
Site Admin

Re: Message with subs

Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:28 am

It would help if you include the URL to the subtitle you are talking about.

That piece of text is HTML code defining the font to be used. Not all players/software support that (and should therefore be avoided) and that's why it just displays as text. I assume it happens only with this subtitle, simply because only this subtitle has this code inside, and the other subs you used before did not have that code.

To solve this:
- Simply open the SRT subtitle file with any plain text editor (such as Windows Notepad)
- Do an extended search (for that specific piece of code) and replace (with nothing).
- Most probably, every line of text also ENDS with some unwanted code related to this: </font>
- You will have to do the search and replace also for this piece of code.

Btw, please do not talk about real estate ;-)

oss
Site Admin

Re: Message with subs

Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:30 pm

new opensubtitles will have possibility to remove it directly on site/in api

Return to “General talk”