Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
open4me

How post Subtitles and Serviio see them?

Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:46 am

Hi. I am using Serviio dlna with the option of subtitles with Opensubtitles. It works perfectly. Sometimes, when the episode of the series I'm watching does not have a subtitle, I look it up on the web and hang it on the opensubtitles page. But I do not know why, something that I do does not work, because Serviio does not get it. How is the methodology that I must follow for Serviio to capture the subtitles that I post?

Sorry my bad english

SmallBrother
Site Admin

Re: How post Subtitles and Serviio see them?

Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:22 pm

I think this is what is happening:
- You upload a subtitle manually, i.e. using the upload page on the website.
- You use Serviio to search that subtitle, but Serviio can only find subtitles with a socalled hash code.
- If you upload manually, using the web page, no hash code is added - and thus Serviio doesn't see it.

To check if my theory is correct:
Search the subtitle manually, using the web site: https://www.opensubtitles.org/en/search ... uageid-all
I suppose now you CAN find the subtitle, right?

To avoid this for next time:
Upload the subtitle using some API-driven upload software.
I would recommend the free, open source and very handy and easy OpenSubtitles Uploader - this will add a hash code (provided you have the video file near), so every API software can now see the subtitle.
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies.
I advise AirVPN - from € 2,75 per month. Click the below banner for more info.

open4me

Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:57 am

The problem is that the video files are under torrent on a raspberry headless server, and I do not have access with OpenSubtitles Uploader of those files from the Linux PC from where I am working with that program.

SmallBrother
Site Admin

Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:44 pm

You could maybe temporarily move/copy the video file to your Linux box?

Otherwise there is nothing you can do. In that case you just have to wait until other programs are adding a hash code. Then the subs will be visible to you too. This can take one day or forever.
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies.
I advise AirVPN - from € 2,75 per month. Click the below banner for more info.

oss
Site Admin

Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:32 pm

SmallBrother is right

Return to “General talk”