Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
hector

request to sanitise file names

Wed May 23, 2018 11:46 am

Hi.

First of all, I don't use Kodi. I always download subtitles with a browser through the web interface.

So, I download the zip file, unpack it and....

The filename can be anything. Sometimes it has Chinese characters. I'd like it to be ASCII but that's OK. Usually it contains a lot of crap from every piece of software used to create it. I'd like the name not to contain crap but that's OK. But the worst part (and that's not OK) is that frequently the file extension is BAD. For instance:
https://www.opensubtitles.org/en/subtit ... ic-lamp-ru
contains:
Volshebnaya.lampa.Aladdina.(1966).rus.xvid.mp3.dvd-rip.from.DVD-9.by.Seryi.via.torrent.e2k.ru.by.sop

So, let's analyse it: Film title, year, language. So far, so good. Video format... what do I care? Audio format.... I care even less. And the rest is just crap. But the point here is the ".sop". What the heck is that? Shouldn't it be ".srt"?

So would it be possible to sanitise somehow the file names?

oss
Site Admin

Re: request to sanitise file names

Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:33 pm

hi, it is possible and we can do it in new opensubtitles, so user can define filename also, shouldnt be so hard.

Return to “General talk”