Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
TorrentFreak

Questions for the subtitle community

Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:09 pm

Hi all,

My name is Ernesto, I write for TorrentFreak.com. We're planning to write an article which aims to provide more insight into the subtitle community. What does the work entail, why do people do it, why is it important?

If you are a subtitle creator or translator I'd love to ask you some questions.

There is no need to reply to this thread as I will collect all responses via private messages (PMs). Keep in mind that your responses may be quoted under your preferred alias in an online news article, so don't share anything you don't want to be public.

If you're interested please send me a PM and I'll get back to you with some questions.

[Edit SmallBrother]
Although personally I totally trust the genuinity of this post,
WARNING and ADVICE for anyone who wants to react:
- React ONLY by PM. Other ways (email, phone, etc.) involve a privacy risk.
- Do NOT provide ANY personal information.

SmallBrother
Site Admin

Re: Questions for the subtitle community

Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:46 pm

Cheers Ernesto, thanks for the interest.
And please do not be offended by my big red letters. As admin, I am only trying to protect our beloved enthusiastic translators.
I have sent you a PM :)
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies.
I advise AirVPN - from € 2,75 per month. Click the below banner for more info.

Mazrim Taim

Re: Questions for the subtitle community

Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:34 pm

(...)
I have sent you a PM :)
+1

Return to “General talk”