Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
zedug

VPN support ??

Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:40 pm

Hi all

I know there have been some discussion on this topic already in the forum but they were buried in topics with different names so I figured I'd start a new topic with a clear title.

So -- lately I had a problem whereas I would always download an incorrect subtitle file whatever the movie -- and always the same one at that. The problem occurs whatever the browser, private mode or not, addons enabled or not, with or without authentication, and also on the KODI addon.
I traced it to the fact that I'm using a VPN (NordVPN). As soon as I disable it everything works as advertised.

Obviously I can disable the VPN every time I want to download a subtitle file, but that is way too cumbersome for me.

Fortunately my home network connects to the VPN via a pfsense firewall/router, so I can add a rule to bypass the VPN whenever I'm connecting to subtitles.org, and ... but I assume not everybody has that option.

So what are your plans regarding VPN support ?

oss
Site Admin

Re: VPN support ??

Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:49 am

Hi,

the problem is sometimes there are too much attacks from VPN, so some IPs are banned like this (can download subtitles, but they are not right). There is hard to make some good protection. Maybe totally disable VPN without user account...

Return to “General talk”