Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
polomora

KODI downloads wrong subtitle

Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:58 am

I don't know exctly when it started, perhaps when I updated my KODI box from 17.2 to 17.3.

I usually download videos to watch later offline. Usually either English or Dutch. Now, all subtitles downloaded from opensubtitles are wrong. How does the subtitle downloader decide which subtitle to select to download? Is this logged somewhere, so that I can check further?

Sometimes, I rename the file, sometimes not. For example, for Star Trek, my file structure and file naming convention is as follows

StarTrek - Discovery
Season 01
Star Trek Discovery S01E01.mkv
Star Trek Discovery S01E01.mkv
Star.Trek.Discovery.S01E04.The.Butchers.Knife.Cares.Not.for.the.Lambs.Cry.540p.CBS.WEB-DL.AAC2.0.x264-AJP69[ettv].mkv
star.trek.discovery.s01e05.webrip.x264-tbs[ettv].mkv
Star.Trek.Discovery.S01E06.REAL.iNTERNAL.720p.WEB.x264-BAMBOOZLE[eztv].mkv

Many thanks,
Paul

SmallBrother
Site Admin

Re: KODI downloads wrong subtitle

Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:32 am

What do you mean with "all subtitles downloaded from opensubtitles are wrong"?
What is wrong?
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies.
I advise AirVPN - from € 2,75 per month. Click the below banner for more info.

polomora

Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:00 am

No possible solutions?

In the meantime, I've started using -censored-, with its integrated subtitles, which seem to work fine.

zedug

Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:53 pm

I had the same problem (wrong subtitle downloaded, always the same) and traced it to the fact that I use a VPN (NordVPN to be precise). When I disable the VPN, everything works fine (tested and verified both directly in a brower, and using the KODI extension).

I know there is an ongoing discussion on VPN support, but this is problematic as my VPN is always on and I don't want to disable it everytime I download a sub file...

polomora

Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:18 am

Many thanks for the answer.

Indeed, I started using a VPN (first NordVPN and then switched to AirVPN) about two months ago. My subtitle problems started about six months before that. I reinstalled my KODI installation on my Android box, and that seems to have solved the problem, for the moment.

Paul

Return to “General talk”