Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
lEMOnzoo

Can't find subtitles

Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:44 am

I uploaded 5 versions of subtitle Blue Planet II s01e01 in Serbian languague, but I can't find them with search. When I go from here, they're not present.
https://www.opensubtitles.org/en/ssearc ... vie-560927
Also not listed here
https://www.opensubtitles.org/en/search ... uageid-scc

But they're exist and have been downloaded
https://www.opensubtitles.org/en/subtit ... e-ocean-sr

Is it some problem with search indexing or from my side?

SmallBrother
Site Admin

Re: Can't find subtitles

Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:54 am

With me, they are in the list:

I know that for some strange reason subs may magically 'disappear' for an hour or so around 08:30 (West-European time) and then later appear again. Also, it may take some time (around 'a couple of minutes') before they appear after uploading. I don;t know when you were looking, but this may be the case.

I suspect if you look now, they are there. If not, let us know.
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies.
I advise AirVPN - from € 2,75 per month. Click the below banner for more info.

lEMOnzoo

Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:48 pm

They're here now. Probeably some temporary thing. They were invisible couple of hours after upload, I think (but I'm not sure).

CRAZY SRBIN

Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:48 am

@SmallBrother

Yeah I was wondering that same thing. I noticed that subtitles started disappearing about two years ago. They first started to disappear for couple of minutes every day in the morning (6.00h). A couple of months ago they were disappearing for 45 minutes (7.45h), and now they are missing for hour and a half around (8.00h-9.30h) West European time. It seems that sistem is indexing all new subtitles that were uploaded on the site during the previous day. What is worrying is, that every month the missing time is extending for 2-3 minutes. Ten months (10months x 3minutes) from now they will be missing for 2 hours, and so on. That's my theory on disappearing subtitles.
CRAZY SRBIN PRODUCTION :)
(SLO-CRO-SRB Custom Subtitles)

SmallBrother
Site Admin

Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:06 am

Yeah I was wondering that same thing. I noticed that subtitles started disappearing about two years ago. They first started to disappear for couple of minutes every day in the morning (6.00h). A couple of months ago they were disappearing for 45 minutes (7.45h), and now they are missing for hour and a half around (8.00h-9.30h) West European time. It seems that sistem is indexing all new subtitles that were uploaded on the site during the previous day. What is worrying is, that every month the missing time is extending for 2-3 minutes. Ten months (10months x 3minutes) from now they will be missing for 2 hours, and so on. That's my theory on disappearing subtitles.
I didn't go that deep, and I definitely didn't realize the disappearing period is slowly but steadily increasing. Probably due to the increasing number of subtitles. But if that tendency goes on, that means eventually the subs will be missing for 24 hours per day. That wouldn't be so good. Maybe it's a good idea for the coding department to look into that...
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies.
I advise AirVPN - from € 2,75 per month. Click the below banner for more info.

Return to “General talk”