Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
horroroid

Movies without IMDB page

Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:58 am

Hi all!

any chance to upload subtitles for movies without IMDB page? Many great short or feature films around the internet (youtube, vimeo etc...) without IMDB page. It would be nice improvement: a possibility to upload subtitles for this movies. I translate short horrors and feature movies too, and without IMDB page, I can't upload subtitles for these movies.

Thanks
horroroid

SmallBrother
Site Admin

Re: Movies without IMDB page

Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:55 am

It's already possible to do what you want.

In the upload form there is a link next to the field for IMDb ID: "Add new movie". With this you can add a movie name to the database of OpenSubtitles. The description and the year will appear as title of your upload.

Obviously, please first search on IMDb and use this method only if the movie is not already present in IMDb.
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies.
I advise AirVPN - from € 2,75 per month. Click the below banner for more info.

horroroid

Re: Movies without IMDB page

Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:18 am

Thanks for the quick answer.

I'm such a lame. I try this option before, but the "search" option misleaded me in the pop-up window. Not scrolling down to the obvious option at the end of the page "Movie not in list, add it to database". I will try it! And of course, I always double checked the IMDB page of the movies, before uploading a subtitle.

Sorry for the lame question and keep up the good work, because the site is transparent and easy to use.

Regads
horroroid

Return to “General talk”