Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
Mrdoit1

Subtitles with different delay

Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:39 pm

Hello,

I encountered a problem that seems unsolved yet. I used google in every way I could - up to a 1000th page and nothing worked.

Here is the thing - a TV show is constantly unsynchronized with subtitles. The subtitles appear too late compared to the movie - in the first minute its not visible, then delay simply gets longer with movie.
In the first 3 minutes it gets a max of 4-5 seconds
In a 20th minute its about 20+ seconds.
Is there anything that I can do using any tool to somehow synchronize subtitles with the show?

VLC allows me to synchronize subtitles once and then I would have to repeat the process every 2 minutes or less..coming up with new delay time.

Best Regards

hector

Re: Subtitles with different delay

Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:14 am

This is due to the so called PAL speed-up. Movies are sometimes made run a little faster which causes this drift.

You must resynchronise the subtitle with some software. Just change its FPS from 24 to 25 and that's it. For example, Gaupol does it.

Have a look:
https://forum.opensubtitles.org/viewtop ... =1&t=15122
https://forum.opensubtitles.org/viewtop ... =1&t=14606

Mrdoit1

Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:30 pm

My god, hector, I don't know what can I say - it worked! I had some difficulties finding a 64 bit OS compatible version, but I found it.
Thanks a billion times! You are the man!

hector

Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:08 pm

I'm glad I could help.

As I always say, if you need a needle, don't look for it in a haystack, go to a haberdashery (the shop where needles are sold) :-)

Return to “General talk”