Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
pblanco

Subtitles out of sync after converting timecode

Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:00 pm

Hi there!

I have a question (it has been tormenting me for months now, as I cannot figure out why this is happening!) and I would appreciate any comments / ideas.

So - I transcode videos to Transport Streams, which do not carry timecodes. The start TC of the source file is 10 while the output file start TC is 0. Then, I follow the same process with the subtitle file and make all lines start 10:00:00:00 earlier. In theory that should work and output video and edited subtitles should sync, but they don't!

My clients report subtitles out of sync, and sometimes they report that the subtitles do not show on screen. They are not the most technical people so it is hard to understand what exactly is going on at their end.

I have checked the source file and output files in Premiere, ganging the source and program, and they match. I have also checked the subtitles with the video in Subtitle Edit, and surprise! They do not match.

Has anyone seen this before? Ideas / thoughts?

Thank you!

Flitskikker

Re: Subtitles out of sync after converting timecode

Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:47 am

My guess is that the framerate of the two videos are different. Could you check that?

Return to “General talk”