Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
lamsung

New Footer:" English subtitles" instead of an imag

Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:03 pm

Just noticed a change in the footer of the opensubtitles page.
The flags (images) are replaced by a text (e.g. English Subtitles).

First of all:
I like it. I think it's better this way than to see all the flags.

My feed back:
It is not correct to combine <word for language-name> + <word for subtitle> in many (most?) languages:

This works:
English + Subtitle = English Subtitle

Doesn't work:
Português + legendas => legendas em português
Español + subtítulos => subtítulos en español
Deutsch + Untertiteln => deutsche Untertitel

Same thing should apply to all other Romance languages (like Italian, French, Catalan, Romanian...) and probably to most Germanic languages as they may have some special grammer rules as well. Asian, Arabic languages not even mentioned...

In short, it's a small detail, I know, but since this website is so top-notch, I think my feed-back is appreciated. It would look more professional.

By the way:
Spanish/español is written with a tilde (a swung dash, ->little wave/snake), instead of an accent (´).

Hope this feed back helps, otherwise it's no big deal.

oss
Site Admin

Re: New Footer:" English subtitles" instead of an imag

Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:13 am

Thanks for feedback. Well, you can write here what is correct wording (phrases), so I can update it

Return to “General talk”