Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
hector

proposal to remove CD number

Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:59 am

I know changing and modifying habits is difficult but...

I'm thinking this is an old feature. I wonder if anyone finds it useful still today. To me it occupies a space in the list that could be used to show for example FPS.

Sometimes I even downloaded a "2 CD" by mistake. To me it is more annoying than useful.

Besides it is relatively easy to split a subtitle file.

I think CD number should be removed, at least from the web listing.

oss
Site Admin

Re: proposal to remove CD number

Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:04 am

hi

well, there is FPS, so...but yes, in 90% cases you dont need this, but what about those 10% cases, when you need it ?

hector

Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:06 am

It's OK. But then, what about the "literal" flag? Or are we, pro-literal, less than that 10%?

oss
Site Admin

Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:43 am

I think less than 10%. Back in time CDs was needed, it was very important, now everything is 1 CD, so it is obsolete, but probably still needed. We could have like 10 more flags, but in 99% they will be not used, so they would be not useful.

hector

proposal to add flag "literal"

Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:38 pm

Well, let's talk about the "literal" flag. I don't care about the other 9.

Are you saying that a flag that lets us know if a subtitle is literal or not is not useful?
Sometimes I want to understand a film. Then I don't mind that the text does not follow exactly the dialogues. But sometimes I'd like to learn or improve my aural knowledge of that language. And then I think it's annoying that some words are missing or even the text is completely different from the dialogue.

Sorry about the subject change. I guess it was just a pretext to bring up the main subject. :-)

I think it's been a year since I requested this for the first time.

Usefulness of some thing can be judged by the people interested in that thing. Please, people, support my proposal!

hector

Sat May 06, 2017 9:46 am

Okay, you're right. Nobody is interested.

I must sadly say that it doesn't surprise me. But you just have to look at this forum:
this thread is lost among a big load of "this doesn't work", "I can't download *" and Kodi
(what the hell is that?).

It's okay, I can live with that. This site is great anyways... if we leave out things like
too much advertising or the problems with the backend ("we lost contact with database").
Or errors in subtitle classification (imdb id).

I was just trying to make it better. Since we can't change some things like advertising and
backend issues I thought this was a good way to do it.

People make me sick.

Return to “General talk”