Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
Submarine

Exodus Username Password error

Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:01 am

I just installed SPMC and using Exodus, I tried to download Subtitles and failed. Error message from OpenSubtitles.rog, somehow no about username or password is empty or invalid.

I did enter the username and password (same as login to this forum) and the addon configuration. Anything I can try?

Funchalense
Site Admin

Re: Exodus Username Password error

Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:25 pm

I just installed SPMC and using Exodus, I tried to download Subtitles and failed. Error message from OpenSubtitles.rog, somehow no about username or password is empty or invalid.

I did enter the username and password (same as login to this forum) and the addon configuration. Anything I can try?
You should use the login for the subtitles (NOT for this forum)
Please note that login for this forum and for subtitles are NOT the same thing.
You should be able to login on http://www.opensubtitles.org
If you don't already have an account for that, you can create one here: http://www.opensubtitles.org/nl/newuser
]You should use the login for the subtitles (NOT for this forum).

Furiaceka85

Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:50 pm

same problem here. it ha always worked then all of the sudden stopped.. the login details are correct. i re-entered them just in case and i logged in to the other website... opensubtitles.org ...maybe is their problem...

nedabo1969

Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:23 am

I'm getting following error in kodi.
"Error searching for subtitles
Your opensubtitles.org username or password is empty or not valid" with whatever addon I'm trying to use.
I have made 2 users for opensubtitles.org and I can log into both on the website but neither username and password will allow me to retrieve subtitles in Kodi. Wife is getting frustrated

GTW77459

Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:13 am

Me Too;
I'm having the same error that my Username and PW are empty or not correct and I uninstalled and reinstalled several times but same error. Once, it did open the selection box to pick a subtitle, but the 97 entries it found were not for the movie I was watching. Then when I tried again, the error of empty UN and PW came back.

Using Kodi 17.1 and SpinzTVpro lite and Exodus. I didn't try other streaming services.

lrbgtforum

Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:21 am

I have been having the same problem for 4 days now. I can log on to the web site, but the error keeps popping up in Exodus on Kodi.
Definitely a bug on the addon for opensubtitles.org.
I hope that they can fix it quickly!

nedabo1969

Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:05 am

Me Too;
I'm having the same error that my Username and PW are empty or not correct and I uninstalled and reinstalled several times but same error. Once, it did open the selection box to pick a subtitle, but the 97 entries it found were not for the movie I was watching. Then when I tried again, the error of empty UN and PW came back.

Using Kodi 17.1 and SpinzTVpro lite and Exodus. I didn't try other streaming services.
Do happy I'm not alone, uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times, tried multiple username and passwords, nothing works. Do 3 quick searches in a row canceling the error and researching again brings up 9 pages of subtitles that have nothing to do with the words I searched for, doh!

nedabo1969

Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:31 pm

Just worked perfect for me tonight so maybe it's fixed now, very happy if it is, many thanks to the people of opensubtitles.org, you're awesome.

GTW77459

Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:29 pm

I tried yesterday afternoon and evening with no luck. It would allow me in to search [no login errors] but it always said search failed and no search results were displayed.

oss
Site Admin

Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:07 pm

strange. it should work, API is ok.

GTW77459

Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:11 pm

Looks like things are back to normal. I was able to get subtitles last night.

Return to “General talk”