Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
cglover2

Subtitles for season 2 are out of sync

Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:15 pm

I have used open subtitles to provide english subtitles on and Amazon Fire stick through Kodi using the Exodus 'add-on'. While watching 'Game of Thrones series 1, the subtitles were fine. However, on series 2 they start as soon as the titles begin making them over a minute out. Whats happening?
Last edited by SmallBrother on Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed title to reflect contents

SmallBrother
Site Admin

Re: Subtitles for season 2 are out of sync

Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:39 pm

I think this has nothing to do with Kodi. I think it is just a matter of using subtitles which are not matching your video file.
Not all video files are the same, they can have different timing. So subtitles have to match your video file. Maybe (probably) what happened is that in season 1 you 'accidently' used the correct subtitles. For season 2 there are no matching subtitles available and you (Kodi) picked the wrong ones.

To confirm if this is what is happening, give us an example of which video file you use exactly, for example
Game.of.Thrones.S02E01.720p.BluRay.x264-REWARD
and tell us which subtitle you use, by the exact URL (for example http://www.opensubtitles.org/en/subtitles/5233983/game-of-thrones-the-north-remembers-en ) or at least the filename and exact file size in bytes.
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies.
I advise AirVPN - from € 2,75 per month. Click the below banner for more info.

cglover2

Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:26 pm

Er, thanks for the suggestion but where do I find the information? I click on the episode and then the subtitle page flashes up for less than a second and then it plays i.e. I don't manually select the subtitles it is selected automatically. I have watched the first 3 episodes of series 2 and they all appear the same but as I mentioned in my original post all of series 1 was fine!

SmallBrother
Site Admin

Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:20 pm

Er, thanks for the suggestion but where do I find the information?
Ha, good one, didn't think of that.
I am not a Kodi-guy, so I don't know how it works, where the subs are stored or how to find the actual subtitle file. Maybe someone else can help out with this.

Still I think the problem is simply in the fact that you are using the wrong subs, wrong as in not synchronized for your video file.
But I guess you know what is your exact video file name. If you tell me this, I can find out if matching subtitles exist or not. Matching as in if a hash code is matching, and if the corresponding subtitle file is actually really matching with synchronisation.
Just give me the one for S02E01.
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies.
I advise AirVPN - from € 2,75 per month. Click the below banner for more info.

tylerallan

Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:53 pm

I find the same issue. Watched season 1 of GOT with no subtitle issues, and since starting season 2 it seems theyre all about 1.5+ minutes out of sync. Ive tried the files with 5 stars, and the ones with no stars... cant get the audio synced at all

GoodGrief

Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:01 pm

Using KODI and same issue here! Just spent an hour trying to find ANY subtitles that will sync with GoT S2 EP1. Hope it's not an issue with the rest of the series.

S1 was fine, although took a couple of go's before I found one that was accurate. Can't remember what the subs name was for S1 though. [img][img][/img][/img]

Any help gratefully received.

Cheers!

GG

hector

Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:26 am

Watched season 1 of GOT with no subtitle issues, and since starting season 2 it seems theyre all about 1.5+ minutes out of sync.
It seems the typical 24/25 fps problem. In an episode with a duration of 53 minutes the drift would be about 130 seconds.

If you can't find the right subtitles you could try doing it yourself. You just need a program that makes the conversion. You have to convert from 25 to 24 fps if the subtitle goes ahead and vice versa.

I think any decent subtitle editor will do it. Gaupol does.

jport56

Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:22 pm

You could try subtitle offset feature on Exodus

Return to “General talk”