Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
Kees

Re: Subtitles on Kodi tv android box

Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:49 pm

Hi !
What's the solution for the subtitles problem on kodi ?
Thks

ryv

Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:00 am

Hi !
What's the solution for the subtitles problem on kodi ?
Thks
Download the "service.subtitles.opensubtitles_by_opensubtitles.zip" file 2 posts back, and install. The Opensubtitles addon downloaded directly from subtitles in kodi does not work anymore, that`s why I asked why they couldn`t just update the file on kodi repo.

oss
Site Admin

Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:10 am

which file ?

oss
Site Admin

Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:43 am

They can not update it on kodi repo, because it is against their TOS. Thats why all the mess. So just use our addon and all is good. For "official repo addon" you must log in with www.opensubtitles.org credentials (forum.opensubtitles.org use different credentials)

58barrie

Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:05 pm

Hi all, I just followed everything correctly to download opensubtitles onto kodi on firestick. Then registered online, then followed instructions after starting film but it still says, more or less, that my info is not valid etc. Any ideas?

Funchalense
Site Admin

Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:05 pm

Hi all, I just followed everything correctly to download opensubtitles onto kodi on firestick. Then registered online, then followed instructions after starting film but it still says, more or less, that my info is not valid etc. Any ideas?
Try this : http://blog.opensubtitles.website/progr ... -login-fix

bp1973

Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:34 am

I installed the opensubtitles in Kodi the other day, came online and created a user ID and password, verified the email link, entered the information in the configure area of the opensubtitles add in, and am able to log in here without a problem. However, in Kodi, when i try to download a subtitle, t I am getting an error message that says "your username or password is empty or not valid"

I have triple checked the user ID and password in Kodi, and verified it here by logging in.

Does anyone have any other ideas?

Thank you :)
B

Funchalense
Site Admin

Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:36 pm

I installed the opensubtitles in Kodi the other day, came online and created a user ID and password, verified the email link, entered the information in the configure area of the opensubtitles add in, and am able to log in here without a problem. However, in Kodi, when i try to download a subtitle, t I am getting an error message that says "your username or password is empty or not valid"

I have triple checked the user ID and password in Kodi, and verified it here by logging in.

Does anyone have any other ideas?

Thank you :)
B

Try this : http://blog.opensubtitles.website/progr ... -login-fix

oss
Site Admin

Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:44 pm

Hi,

it seems you got troubles with login. Please follow this procedure:

There are 2 separate systems and probably you want to register and login on www.opensubtitles.org - forum.opensubtitles.org is using DIFFERENT username and password.

To register on www.opensubtitles.org:
1) visit www.opensubtitles.org/newuser
2) if you are going from mobile device, click cancel on the first message if there is any
3) fill up the form and click Register
4) wait for email, click the confirmation link of registration
5) try to login with username and password you provided on www.opensubtitles.org

Welcome to our website, if you got more questions feel free to ask them.

wtcamb

Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:16 pm

I have been using opensubtitles.org as my source of subtitles for Kodi. The last few days, it has given me an error message saying my login credentials are wrong. But I have put them in exactly right. Can anyone help me with this problem?
Thanks

HastaElFondo

Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:38 pm

Hi, me too have given me the same error, my login credentials are wrong.

Funchalense
Site Admin

Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:31 pm

I have been using opensubtitles.org as my source of subtitles for Kodi. The last few days, it has given me an error message saying my login credentials are wrong. But I have put them in exactly right. Can anyone help me with this problem?
Thanks

Read this -: http://osdb.link/kodi

parnell

Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:24 am

I created an account on OpenSubtitles in December and since then everything has worked fine. Then two days ago I started getting the message about username or password being wrong. I reset my password from OpenSubtitles, entered the new password in the Kodi settings and it worked again. For a few hours. Then the message was back. Then I tried the fix: install the OpenSubtitles KODI add-on from OpenSubtitles.org. And hey: it doesn't work. Now I don't get the message about the credentials any more, just the message that No subtitles were found. For all movies. Seems like someone doesn't want this to work....

oss
Site Admin

Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:21 pm

we got problems with API, and that message is showing if it can not connect. If it works before, dont change anything, it will work again. It is not working specially on peak hours. We are working round-the-clock to solve this problem.

bp1973

Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:33 am

Thank you so much, I appreciate the assistance

It's working well now, B

Return to “General talk”