Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
hector

subtitle not showing in TV series

Thu May 12, 2016 9:30 am

I'm just curious about this. Sory about typos. One of the things that stopped working with new forum design is spell checker.

I uploaded 2 subtitles for a TV series, English and Finnish. The episode is "Home Improvement - Look who's not talking". I could say "look who's not showing" :-) Finnish subtitle exists and I can reach it by another way, for example searching the title. Besides it is accounted (count = 2) but when I use the link to the episode only English subtitle appears. And the same happens for every episode above 10.

hector

Re: subtitle not showing in TV series

Thu May 12, 2016 8:26 pm

Right, the two pages are right. The problem comes up when you set language = "all". It says there are 2 subtitles which is right: English and Finnish. But try to click on the episode link. It should show the two available subtitles but it redirects directly to English as if Finnish subtitle would not exist.

oss
Site Admin

Fri May 13, 2016 2:56 am

Ok now better explanation, always provide links, you will save me a lot of time.

Now it works ok

http://www.opensubtitles.org/en/search/ ... bid-603492

The thing is search results are cached, so you uploaded first file, then check on all langages, it was one subtitle, so it took you to file you uploaded and cached. Then you uploaded 2nd file, system took result from cache and...

I can lower cache time if needed...

hector

Fri May 13, 2016 1:07 pm

I don't think it's working the way it should. Right now I still see the same behaviour: I click on episode 10, I get the three available subtitles.
I click on episode 11, I get only English.
http://www.opensubtitles.org/en/ssearch ... ovie-14323

It's not annoying at all but I don't think it's a problem of caching. It's been a week since I uploaded it. I just think it is not how it's meant to work. Could it be because there are 2 (not 3) subtitles? Could it be that they were disabled by SimplyTheBoss?
I don't mind. He had reason to do it. But could it have something to do with this?

SimplyTheBOSS
Site Admin

Fri May 13, 2016 1:46 pm

I don't think it's working the way it should. Right now I still see the same behaviour: I click on episode 10, I get the three available subtitles.
I click on episode 11, I get only English.

It's not annoying at all but I don't think it's a problem of caching. It's been a week since I uploaded it. I just think it is not how it's meant to work. Could it be because there are 2 (not 3) subtitles? Could it be that they were disabled by SimplyTheBoss?
I don't mind. He had reason to do it. But could it have something to do with this?

Well, whe I go 10:

and click 10:
http://www.opensubtitles.org/en/search/ ... bid-603518
I get three subtitles, English, Dutch and Finnish.

When I click 11:
http://www.opensubtitles.org/en/search/ ... bid-603492
I get two subtitles, English and Finnish.

:?:

hector

Fri May 13, 2016 8:10 pm

I must apologise. It was my problem. I just cleared the browser cache and that's it. I was viewing an outdated page again and again.
I just don't get it.

SmallBrother
Site Admin

Fri May 13, 2016 8:12 pm

F5 versus SHIFT-F5 is the key ;-)
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies.
I advise AirVPN - from € 2,75 per month. Click the below banner for more info.

scooby007
Site Admin

Thu May 19, 2016 10:00 am

I must apologise. It was my problem. I just cleared the browser cache and that's it. I was viewing an outdated page again and again.
I just don't get it.
No need to apologise just yet. I think you're on to something there, Flipper. :wink:
This is a real problem that does exist. When you upload TV series episodes, sometimes they don't always appear straight away. Or they are there and do appear, but a week later when you check, they've disappeared from the episodes list under the main series. Admins can click on "IMDb Update" to bring the missing episodes back, but that doesn't always work. And it's not something that should be happening at all. Sent multiple example links previously to MAjky (I think it was him, using admin contact page), and he couldn't pin-point why it always happens.

Will provide more links here when I have the time or come across the same.

oss
Site Admin

Thu May 19, 2016 10:41 am

there are couple of problems here, which are really hard to debug:
1. caching imdb
2. imdb have episodes, but episode page is in state, that can not be parsed by parser
3. sphinx during (I think) reindexing losing data (?)

So yes, it happens, but if it not happens too much often I hope we can live with that

Return to “General talk”