Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
famulor

"We already have this file uploaded as"

Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:20 pm

Is this a bug or am i doing something wrong? No matter what subtitle i try to upload (even renaming them) this message keeps coming up. What am i doing wrong here?

Funchalense
Site Admin

Re: "We already have this file uploaded as"

Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:21 pm

Is this a bug or am i doing something wrong? No matter what subtitle i try to upload (even renaming them) this message keeps coming up. What am i doing wrong here?
Well, you should be trying to send subtitles that already exist on the site.
Even if you change the name if the subtitle already exists on the site,the subtitle will not be accept.

famulor

Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:48 pm

So if theres a 100% match on a subtitle i cannot upload a new one? good to know if thats the case :) then its not me doing something wrong

SmallBrother
Site Admin

Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:09 pm

So if theres a 100% match on a subtitle i cannot upload a new one?
No - no matter what the file name is.
And why would you - because, if one subtitle matches more than one video release, just mention it in "additional info" or at least as a comment on that subtitle.

However, somewhere i feel this occurs on ANY subtitle, NO MATTER the difference ("No matter what subtitle i try to upload") - then this shouldn't be. But then please give us a (new) subtitle and a (existing) URL, so we can check.
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies.
I advise AirVPN - from € 2,75 per month. Click the below banner for more info.

oss
Site Admin

Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:42 am

send link to subtitle you are trying to upload, or send it to my mail, I can check whats going on.

daumas77

Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:17 pm

I have the exact same problem.

I originally downloaded the subtitle file in question from opensubtitles.org. I did a 99.9% re-edit because the original subtitles were pretty bad. I removed the internal signature, and used several different file names, but I always get the same message "We already have this file uploaded as"

The original subtitle file was:
Killing.Salazar.2016.720p.BRRip.x264.AAC-ETRG.en.srt

I attempted uploading as:
Killing.Salazar.2016.720p.BRRip.x264.AAC-ETRG.en-updated.srt
Killing.Salazar.2016.720p.BRRip.x264.AAC-ETRG.en-updated2.srt
Cartels-2016.srt
Cartels.srt
Killing Salazar.srt
Killing Salazar2.srt
Killing Salazard-updated.srt
Killing Salazar-updated2.srt

Something is not right here or I'm doing something wrong.

kerremelk

Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:10 pm

Daumas, you had success four hours ago.
I replied to the topic you started about this, because I took the file from your google link and saw there was work to be done on it.
I did the bare minimum to make it largely error-free, and have made the file available in that other topic.
Last edited by SmallBrother on Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Made it a link - easier to find :)

Return to “General talk”