Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
hoodric

Disappearing subtitles (uploaded them, but now they're gone)

Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:22 pm

Last night (GMT +8 ) I uploaded a few Chinese language subtitles. If my memory serves me correctly they were for 'Bangkok Dangerous', 'Wall-E', 'Rob B Hood' and 'Burn After Reading'. I used SubDownloader 2.07 and they all uploaded without any problems. After uploading I checked the pages of each subtitle and they all looked fine.

Tonight i've tried to find the subtitles I uploaded and they're not showing up either on the web based search or by using SubDownloader. Any ideas?

Was there some database error?
Were they deleted for some reason?
Has a band of circus clowns kidnapped them for ransom?

everthonvs

Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:07 pm

My subtitles uploaded from 2008-11-10 to 2008-11-12 also disapeared:
  • Dexter.S03E07.HDTV.XviD-LOL.srt
    Fringe.S01E07.HDTV.XviD-NoTV.srt
    Heroes.S03E08.HDTV.XviD-LOL.srt
    How.I.Met.Your.Mother.S04E07.HDTV.XviD-LOL.srt
    Prison.Break.S04E10.HDTV.XviD-LOL.srt
    Star.Wars.The.Clone.Wars.S01E01.HDTV.XviD-0TV.srt
    Star.Wars.The.Clone.Wars.S01E02.HDTV.XviD-0TV.srt
    Star.Wars.The.Clone.Wars.S01E03.HDTV.XviD-aAF.srt
    Star.Wars.The.Clone.Wars.S01E04.REPACK.HDTV.XviD-aAF.srt
    Star.Wars.The.Clone.Wars.S01E05.HDTV.XviD-aAF.srt
    Star.Wars.The.Clone.Wars.S01E06.HDTV.XviD-aAF.srt
    The.Big.Bang.Theory.S02E07.HDTV.XviD-FoV.srt
    True.Blood.S01E10.HDTV.XviD-0TV.srt
    Worst.Week.S01E06.HDTV.XviD-LOL.srt
I think that they have some database error... :-(

danger

Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:51 pm

Hi guys,

I'm not quiet sure, but some data could be losen as I've been today playing with the mysql replication and it haven't gone very well.

So please try to upload your subtitles once again and get back to us whether it's working.

Thank you and please accept my appologies.

LeapinLar

Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:40 pm

danger,

Not only are the subs missing, after you re-upload them, the download link points to the wrong subtitle zip file. You can click on the file name and it downloads the correct sub, but "download" gets you the wrong zip file.

ixquic

Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:26 pm

Good to know it's not just me! This smells of some serious database corruption.
I tried to upload 60 subs with subdownloader yesterday, but when I checked in the browser I got "These subtitles have been deleted".
An example for what LeapinLar says is http://www.opensubtitles.org/en/subtitl ... 4/bones-en - the ZIP link points to the wrong zip (totally unrelated Finnish subs for The Night Flier that don't show up when I search for them) :(

danger

Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:51 am

I'm sorry for that, we will investigate the problem, but I have no required knowledge (don't know the structure of our database very well) to fix it by myself and I will need an assistance of os here.

I will contact him.

oss
Site Admin

Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:56 am

hello,

please send me all links, where you got wrong subtitles, because on http://www.opensubtitles.org/en/subtitl ... 4/bones-en is subtitles ok, even in ZIP file.

technical background: if you get right file for filename (srt,sub) and you not get right file for ZIP, it means something is corrupted in cache, because ZIP files are cached.

oss
Site Admin

Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:47 am

I changed something in code, please if you encounter some more errors, let me know ASAP.

LeapinLar

Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:46 pm

Os, what I discovered is that if I waited long enough the problem somehow fixed itself. The subs that were wrong became correct later. Also the problem did not happen to all uploaded subs. If I uploaded a sub and it was wrong, I would disable it and upload it again and again until it was right. I hope your revised code helps.

interestingwoman

Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:58 pm

I have uploaded 8 subtitles for season 4 bewitched season 4 chapters 22 23 24 25 26 that I have
translated
from English To Spanish and 24 25 26 in English that I had transformed from sub to srt. They are no longer there but I found some of them in another page podnapisi . net under the name of another uploader.

oss
Site Admin

Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:23 am

interestingwoman: we are talking about two problems here:

1. ZIP download is wrong - it sends bad subtitles
2. subtitles was uploaded, but they dissapeared, and nobody knows why.

I think you are talking about second problem. I know, that administration system is far from perfect, should be nice to know (as user), why your subtitles was deleted and maybe by who. We have to talk about this, so I can change the system.

For now, just try to upload those subtitles again. For podnapisi - I don't know, maybe they use some automatic script to download subtitles from here...

Also, it seems, there was problem with database (danger sets up slave database, which is still not working:), so upload those subs again please.

interestingwoman

Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:58 pm

ok, I'll upload them agian. Thanks

Return to “General talk”