Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
oss
Site Admin

[BLOG] New design activated

Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:29 am

Hi all,

I am proud to present new design on blog.opensubtitles.eu. It is another step closer to change all the designs (I hope forum design included)

Do you like it ?

watdafox

Re: [BLOG] New design activated

Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:23 pm

It is nice, clear. To be completely honest if I may, I have a few suggestions/thoughts:

On the article view:
- "leave a reply" fields are a little confusing, I had to click on one of these 'grey lines' before understanding it was an input. Maybe a #777 1px border would be welcome?
- text-align:justify could do good on the main text of articles.

On the home view:
- I find the top menu (blog, open subtitles, forum, mkv player, support us) a little odd. Maybe expanding the image a little more and displaying this menu over the image (with text colored in white, and the background being the blurred image) could help better understand it is a menu.

About the links to other articles:
- On the right of each articles, links to "recent posts" appear. I don't know what to suggest here, but I believe the general feel could benefit from those link being more "detached" from the main article. Maybe a horizontal line to separate articles and links, but that probably will look awful. I don't know, but these links bother me^^

oss
Site Admin

Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:43 pm

thanks for comments

SmallBrother
Site Admin

Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:53 pm

Do you like it ?
You know my opinion about smart phone designs on desktops ;-)
But in this case, for this purpose, I think it's okay and not disturbing, actually pretty nice.
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies.
I advise AirVPN - from € 2,75 per month. Click the below banner for more info.

Infrequentia

Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:03 am

Do you like it ?
You know my opinion about smart phone designs on desktops ;-)
But in this case, for this purpose, I think it's okay and not disturbing, actually pretty nice.
If we are ignoring the part that it is a smart phone design, I do also agree that the outfit in this case is simple and OK.
And I CAN read text without my eyeglasses.

I would personally like if the link that shows number of comments f.ex. "3 replies" would actually lead to the comment section.
Now I have to scroll all the way down to just see the comments and I'm trying to avoid all that extra work. XD

Return to “General talk”