Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
oss
Site Admin

Re: CAPTCHA on website

Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:38 am

I am writing you both PM, thanks for sharing your problem

Redback813

Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:21 am

To whom this concern's
As new user, I'm trying to create account with opensubtitles to only fail with with captcha issue, when one fill's the details for new user this part is fine. It the part that you have to tick for captcha which is the problem, it goes into a loop saying “please try again” I have done this at least six time in various way from reloading the webpage to clearing the cache, to restarting the browser and it makes no difference's and the chrome has no adblocks. I have tried in various browsers ranging from safari to chrome and the alike. It still no go. It seems to me that your captcha scheme is broken with people who use vpn as a service, I have no idea if it still works for non vpn people. And no, I will not disable vpn service given that I use vpn for privacy reason since Gov now mandate that all info is now collected. The page loads with it ads and all so I don’t think the issue is related to the browser’s. The vpn I use is Privateinternetaccess. Is there a resolution to this issue ?

Thanks

SimplyTheBOSS
Site Admin

Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:26 am

To whom this concern's
As new user, I'm trying to create account with opensubtitles to only fail with with captcha issue, when one fill's the details for new user this part is fine. It the part that you have to tick for captcha which is the problem, it goes into a loop saying “please try again” I have done this at least six time in various way from reloading the webpage to clearing the cache, to restarting the browser and it makes no difference's and the chrome has no adblocks. I have tried in various browsers ranging from safari to chrome and the alike. It still no go. It seems to me that your captcha scheme is broken with people who use vpn as a service, I have no idea if it still works for non vpn people. And no, I will not disable vpn service given that I use vpn for privacy reason since Gov now mandate that all info is now collected. The page loads with it ads and all so I don’t think the issue is related to the browser’s. The vpn I use is Privateinternetaccess. Is there a resolution to this issue ?

Thanks

As OS already said:
please send me your IP by PM, it is always IP problem
Please, contact HIM.

oss
Site Admin

Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:44 am

To whom this concern's

Thanks
I was out...ok, send me URL where you got CAPTCHA, it is in user profile registration (/newuser) or (/captcha) ?

your IP might be banned from our services, because it is used for abuse. And yes, we know there are cases, where genuine users are affected. We will try to solve this, but needs more information. If you check for our stats https://www.opensubtitles.org/en/statistics you can see register is working, because there are 5000 avg users registrations EVERY DAY.

nillocmai

Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:53 pm

A half hour wasted trying to get past "please try again". This is NOT "Always an IP issue". Everything was fine for the downloads I did get, then this RIDICULOUS captcha loop. Now just a useless site, moving elsewhere.

SimplyTheBOSS
Site Admin

Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:23 pm

A half hour wasted trying to get past "please try again". This is NOT "Always an IP issue". Everything was fine for the downloads I did get, then this RIDICULOUS captcha loop. Now just a useless site, moving elsewhere.

Well, with that attitude you'll not get much sympathy from me. Read the topic and please, contact OS.

nillocmai

Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:44 pm

Yes, I read the topic. And when I see every answer from a moderator say it's an IP issue I feel like I'm working with Trump. And that's where I leave it, no point in banter.

maarten28

Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:57 pm

I registered an account because I was getting captcha's. Above the captcha there was an explanation "If you don't want to do this, please become VIP member or log-in.", so I thought getting an account and logging in would remove the captcha. But I'm still getting captcha's. And not just one, I keep getting captcha's. I get one (well, 3 or 4 in a row) when I click the download button and when I clear the captcha's, I get returned to the same screen with the download button.
Is that right?

SimplyTheBOSS
Site Admin

Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:45 am

Yes, I read the topic. And when I see every answer from a moderator say it's an IP issue I feel like I'm working with Trump. And that's where I leave it, no point in banter.
Well, that's your choice, here is a clear advice on what to do.

SimplyTheBOSS
Site Admin

Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:48 am

I registered an account because I was getting captcha's. Above the captcha there was an explanation "If you don't want to do this, please become VIP member or log-in.", so I thought getting an account and logging in would remove the captcha. But I'm still getting captcha's. And not just one, I keep getting captcha's. I get one (well, 3 or 4 in a row) when I click the download button and when I clear the captcha's, I get returned to the same screen with the download button.
Is that right?
Hi there, please contact OS.
He can help you.

oss
Site Admin

Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:32 am

I need guys to know your IP address. We are blocking VPN, PROXY, TOR and also bots, scripts etc. So your IP could be in the list. To help you I need to know your IP. Thats all

Redback815

Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:08 am

This issue have been resolved months ago. What the problem !

Redback815

Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:40 am

Your problem with blocking VPN user worldwide is going to grow in volume. Given that Australia and other countries vpn usage is growing in volume, if you block vpn for me, then privacy is not one of your strong points and I'll cancel my account.

https://torrentfreak.com/its-national-g ... ia-170412/
http://www.rawstory.com/2017/03/vote-to ... t-in-vpns/

P.S I'm not sacrifice my privacy.

oss
Site Admin

Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:54 am

You can still come with VPN, just you have to pass CAPTCHA. If you don't want to pass CAPTCHA, try to use programs which are using opensubtitles API and you have to be logged in.

I understand your point, but on other side there are dozens idiots out there who want to copy all the subtitles and masking their activity behind VPN, PROXY, TOR etc. So...

Redback815

Fri May 12, 2017 9:46 am

I can understand where ya coming from ! can you not put a limit on the amount of subtitles a person can download per account per hr ? Say if they don't abuse the privilege of using your service then reward the account with a higher upper limit. Those who abuse the service have a 24 hr ban,
Here some thought !
1) All new account holder have a limit on downloading subtitles for a period of time , say 2weeks grace period to prove themselves.
2) All current account holder be subject to abuse review. Abuse account are subject to a 24 hr ban. further abuse of the account up to 48hrs. and so on.
3 Reward system, for those of non abuser and have there limit lifted to a higher bracket for loyalty of respect for the service you supply.
4 You do provide a great service but like all services , there are those who abuse it for personal gain, we teach infant children how to respect there home. This is no different, you have to use reverse physiology , I think the reward is your best bet.
5 Forget the IP address, that a losing situation that you will never win, yes you can mitigate to a point but don't rely on this method solely. Make account mandatory. No exception.

Cheers

Return to “General talk”