Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
voyager54

Re: CAPTCHA on website

Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:02 am

All the details sent to oss, but small advice to all: when you fall to captcha trap, try different browser. While Firefox was useless yesterday, in the same time Chrome worked fine without any captcha at all.

Wazzupman

Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:41 pm

Everytime I try to visit OS I get a Captcha test, which is ok, I'm using VPN, so I understand that. :)
BUT, I can not finish the Captcha test because I get this message:
Geen contact met reCAPTCHA. Controleer uw verbinding en probeer het opnieuw.
Translated: No contact with reCaptcha, check your connection and try again.

This message keeps appearing, very annoying and I guess it's not meant to work that way.

I'm 100% sure my connection is working like a charm.

subtitlephile

Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:33 pm

Hello,

I have been enjoying your site for the past couple of months.

I was just downloading some subtitles now, and all of a sudden, I keep getting presented with a CAPTCHA all the time. Each time I enter the correct answers, it keeps presenting me with yet another CAPTCHA. I think I took the test 15 times, before giving up. Have you had this problem before?

Thanks.

SimplyTheBOSS
Site Admin

Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:47 pm

Hello,

I was just downloading some subtitles now, and all of a sudden, I keep getting presented with a CAPTCHA all the time. Each time I enter the correct answers, it keeps presenting me with yet another CAPTCHA. I think I took the test 15 times, before giving up. Have you had this problem before?

Thanks.
please send me your IP by PM, it is always IP problem
Contact HIM.

:wink:

oss
Site Admin

Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:43 am

Everytime I try to visit OS I get a Captcha test, which is ok, I'm using VPN, so I understand that. :)
BUT, I can not finish the Captcha test because I get this message:
Geen contact met reCAPTCHA. Controleer uw verbinding en probeer het opnieuw.
Translated: No contact with reCaptcha, check your connection and try again.

This message keeps appearing, very annoying and I guess it's not meant to work that way.

I'm 100% sure my connection is working like a charm.
this should be fixed for couple of days, there was problem with server certificates.

oss
Site Admin

Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:44 am

Hello,

Thanks.

sending you PM

karianne

Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:17 pm

The problem with having to use cloudflare and captchas is that people from countries such as China cannot get google, where it is blocked,and therefore cannot see the captchas. I had to do a yahoo search to find the contact details of opensubtitles. I cannot see the captchas. Even clicking on the link open subtitles at the top of this page takes me to cloudflare and I get this note. There was an issue communicating with the captcha provider. More information may be available below.

Are subtitles available for download on this site?

SmallBrother
Site Admin

Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:30 pm

The problem with having to use cloudflare and captchas is that people from countries such as China cannot get google, where it is blocked,and therefore cannot see the captchas. I had to do a yahoo search to find the contact details of opensubtitles. I cannot see the captchas. Even clicking on the link open subtitles at the top of this page takes me to cloudflare and I get this note. There was an issue communicating with the captcha provider. More information may be available below.
Of course there could be a temporary problem with cloudflare or other connectivity, happens sometimes.
Further, the captcha should not happen always and every time, but 'sometimes'.

Have you read the very first post in this topic?
https://forum.opensubtitles.org/viewtop ... 559#p28674
Are subtitles available for download on this site?
Eeeh... yes.
Almost 4 million subtitles in approx 50 languages.
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies.
I advise AirVPN - from € 2,75 per month. Click the below banner for more info.

oss
Site Admin

Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:14 am

make sure you are accessing to www.opensubtitles.org. If you have problem with cloudflare captcha, if possible, write to them, they are super responsive.

Thanks

stroupman

Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:45 am

After going through Captcha, I get to this page from there anything I've tried only brings me back to Captcha again. What do I have to do? This site used to be dead simple!
I don't see the image of the page in Preview. You may have to go to the image url to see it.

oss
Site Admin

Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:30 am

interesting. Try to login and be logged in, it should solve the problem.

Darkseed777

Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:16 pm

I can only confirm the captcha problem.
I have the problem too. Even when I'm logged in the problem persistes. Have to fill in Captch, and even when I did, I always get the same screen over and over. I download some subtitles dayly, especially last days, because after 5 pm local time, the site seems offline to me.

Mostly I use my local Ip, but I have to admit, sometimes I am behind a VPN too, and with other IP, but even then I have the same problem

oss
Site Admin

Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:16 am

I send you PM

yankleber

Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:56 pm

So, I am a registered user for 2 years or so (not sure) and today am downloading around 25 subtitles for DS9 series as I am fixing some episodes of my collection that are screwed.

Everything was going pretty fine when I got around 20 downloaded subtitles and so the page with the "I am not a robot" captcha rose. OK, I clicked it to mark the checkbox and then it drove me back to the download page and when I clicked the link to start my download it brought me again to the "I am not a robot". No matter how many times I click onto the captcha checkbox to prove that I am not a robot because it will keep bringing me back and forth forever. I already cleared browser cache and cookies but nothing seems to work.

Now I have to look for the last five subtitles I need anywhere else or await for several days until the site gets happy with me again. This is not the first time it happens and it's so annoying.

:(

Fortunately this is not a matter of life and death but is definitively irritating.

Darkseed777

Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:30 pm

I have the same problem , only with me it happens from the first time.

Return to “General talk”